Medical Director, Germany – Munich, Germany – Permanent
Nicholas Howard are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as Medical Director – Germany.
Based in Munich, The Medical Director (MD) will provide medical leadership for Haematology in the country. The successful candidate will report directly into the Senior Medical Director for Haematology International and will also be part of the local regional Medical LT.
The MD will be accountable for the development and implementation of Country Medical Haem strategy and plans and will work in partnership with cross functional team colleagues to develop and implement cross functional country plans aligned with patient, HCPs’ and broader corporate needs. The Haem MD is also responsible for building and encouraging scientific excellence within the country and will establish and maintain close partnerships with HCPs, scientific societies and patient organisations. It is estimated that around 50% of the MD’s time will be external to the home office – working with these Stakeholders.
They will also work closely with a cross-functional group that includes Commercial, Market Access, Global, International Medical Affairs organizations, GAPP and Corporate Communications, Legal, Compliance (OBIE), Regulatory, Research & Development, HRBP and Finance. The individual will work closely with and report directly to the International Haematology Medical Lead.
General Key Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate consistent ethical and professional behaviour, with uncompromising commitment to patients.
- Ensure all medical involvement and activities are executed in full compliance with internal policies, local laws and regulations and codes of practice.
- Build reputation and visibility of the company at country level by providing fair and balanced medical information, communication and education to various stakeholders, supporting research and relevant data generation with the ultimate goal of supporting the safe and effective use of our medicines in the appropriate patients.
- Work closely with the Regional Team and the local Country Medical director to ensure their behaviour is consistent with a culture of integrity, transparency and respect, as per values, throughout the organisation.
- Medical Degree and / or a higher degree and PhD in life sciences (Fluency in both spoken and written English required).
- Experience in Haematology in / out of Industry.
- High ethical and scientific personal standards.
- Experience in orphan diseases desirable.
- Leadership skills and experience.
- Track record of successfully leading a team.
- Experience with product launches and life-cycle management.
- Track record in effectively managing risk and compliance.
- Strong Business Acumen Knowledge and understanding of marketplace dynamics, knows the local health care system and keeps up-dated on changes in environment in the country, including rules and regulations.
- Previous track record of successful HTA submissions (as applicable)
- Ability to work effectively in a highly matrix environment, within a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team on common projects and goals, at national and international level.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Learning agility.
- Ability to travel to meetings / trainings / programs as required.
The incumbent must demonstrate ability for:
- Developing and maintaining high level of industry, regulatory, clinical and scientific knowledge.
- Maintaining a high level of expertise and judgment in relation to both technical and ethical aspects of a Medical Director’s role and responsibilities.
To be considered for this position please apply below.