Associate Director, Legal – North Europe, Australia and New Zealand – Paddington, London – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as an Associate Director, Legal – North Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
As our client’s business is growing and they are expanding into new markets, they need experienced lawyers to help support and enable that growth. This newly created legal role is for a lawyer at Associate Director level supporting the Northern Europe and Australia region (which includes the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Australia and New Zealand). The successful candidate will report to the International Legal Director for this region within the International Legal Team in London, and provide support to a wide range of functions, including:
- Advise and support the launch of new pharmaceutical products, including on reimbursement, promotion of pharmaceuticals, medical affairs, corporate communication, government affairs, patient engagement activities and potentially supply / distribution of products;
- Review of activities and materials relating to disease awareness, promotional activity, strategic plans and drafting of legal documents;
- Supporting activities related to advancement of pipeline products; and
- Develop relationships and collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive fact – and risk-based decision making.
The successful candidate will partner effectively with the broader Legal and Compliance (Business Integrity & Ethics) teams (based in the UK, US and internationally), and with internal clients as a trusted, reliable and strategic business partner.
Required Experience, Skills and Competencies:
- Qualified lawyer of proven solid experience in a law firm and /or in-house legal team.
- Experience of advising or working in the life sciences sector and in particular pharmaceuticals is preferred.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and codes governing the pharmaceutical industry (including EFPIA and ABPI).
- Flexibility to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment with a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Fluency in English.
- Highest ethical standards and very good legal judgment.
- Hands-on problem-solver with strong business acumen and common sense, who sees law as only one of many ways to find solutions and have the ability to question conventional approaches.
- A willingness to learn the company’s historical approach to risk in the range of workstreams that the role entails and take this into consideration when advising clients.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, emotional intelligence and a service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to manage multiple matters and clients in parallel and provide clear, concise advice in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proactive self-starter with strong project management skills, dependable but can set boundaries.
- A person who strives to continuously learn and grow and help others do the same.
- A team-player who actively works to maintain a trusting and safe work environment among all colleagues.
To be considered for this position please apply below.