Associate Director, Legal – International HQ – Paddington, London – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as an Associate Director, Legal – International HQ.
As our client’s business is growing and they are expanding into new markets, they need experienced lawyers to help support and enable that growth. The lawyer will be at Associate Director level. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Executive Director within the Legal Team in London and provide support to a range of functions within that region, including:
- Advice and support for launching new products, including on reimbursement, promotion of pharmaceuticals, review of promotional materials and activities, review of materials that explain the company’s activities in the disease areas in which it is active, medical education, corporate communication, government affairs and patient engagement activities.
- Reviewing materials and business tactics, drafting legal documents; and
- Supporting communications with regard to materials used globally and liaising regularly with US – and UK-based Communications teams on the development of materials to describe pipeline products and areas of research and development.
The successful candidate will partner effectively with the broader Legal and Compliance teams; and with internal stakeholders as a trusted and reliable business partner.
Required Experience, Skills and Competencies:
- Qualified lawyer of proven solid experience in a law firm and / or in an in-house legal team.
- Experience of working in the life sciences sector and in particular a pharmaceutical company is preferred.
- Fluent in English.
- Highest ethical standards and very good legal judgment.
- Hands-on problem-solver with strong business acumen and common sense, who see law as only one of many ways to find solutions and have the ability to question conventional approaches.
- A willingness to learn the company’s historical approach to risk in the range of workstreams that the role entails and take this into consideration when advising stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, emotional intelligence and a service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to manage multiple matters and stakeholders in parallel and provide clear, concise advice in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proactive self-starter with strong project management skills, dependable but can set boundaries.
- A person who strives to continuously learn and grow and help others do the same.
- A team-player who actively works to maintain a trusting and safe work environment among all colleagues.
To be considered for this position please apply below.