Senior Legal Specialist – Clinical Contracts – London – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Senior Legal Specialist – Clinical Contracts.
Our Client is seeking an experienced clinical contracts specialist / paralegal to support the Clinical team in their London office. The ideal candidate will have in-depth hands on experience handling contracts with clinical trial sites in Europe. Experience working with US sites are a plus.
- Manage a high volume of international clinical contracts necessary to study start-up (eg. country-specific clinical trial templates, informed consent forms, investigator / institutional agreements, pharmacy agreements, trust agreements) through intake, review, drafting, editing, writing, tracking, and processing.
- Interface with both in-house client groups and clinical trial sites in connection with various contracts matters.
- Research legal issues; gather facts in connection with legal / business matters.
- Provide day to day support to clinical attorneys.
- Manage legal-related business projects as assigned.
- Process large amounts of information, regularly updating an internal database and contract templates.
- Communicate effectively with business leaders on critical contract / legal related matters, including proactively educating clients on contract review and submission processes.
- Law qualification; (BA/LL. M /LL. B/Post Graduate Diploma).
- Many years’ experience of international clinical contracting required, including drafting and negotiating contracts in a pharmaceutical company, academic medical institution, or CRO.
- Thorough understanding of the contract process including contract evaluation, negotiation, approval, tracking, and execution.
- Knowledge of both the pharmaceutical / biotech clinical development process and pharmaceutical regulatory bodies is desirable.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple negotiations simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
To be considered for this position please apply below.