Senior Director of UK Facilities – Abingdon, Oxfordshire – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Senior Director of UK Facilities.
This position is responsible for the engineering, operations, and building construction for the Milton Park and Stevenage facilities. Scope includes GMP and non-GMP engineering and bioprocessing requirements, execution of soft services to meet day-to-day facility operational needs, people management (staff, contractors and vendors), company culture champion, budget management, large / small construction and renovation, and UK facility components of business continuity.
This role will partner with corporate, clinical, CMC (manufacturing and quality groups) and research functions to achieve corporate-wide business objectives on time and in budget. This is a highly visible hands-on role with an emphasis on strong people skills, project management, staff leadership and mentoring, soft services, and GMP building construction.
- Delivers and executes upon a vision for daily operations, engineering and building construction activities across several fit for purpose facilities.
- Lead delivery of engineering and bioprocessing requirements for office, laboratory and GMP manufacturing needs. Oversee daily operational activities that run each facility, and UK building construction capital investments. Plan execution strategies, manage annual budgets, create long range plans and manage the facilities team to deliver on goals. Participates in internal audits / inspections. Provide and track performance metrics of the function. Ensure GMP and non-GMP documentation / run books in place according to company policies and are in compliance with cGMP, state, and federal guidelines.
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring for engineering, services and building construction staff.
- Accountable for soft site services including but not limited to office space layout and move planning, supply ordering and distribution (including research stores support), company and general meeting / conferencing support, regulated and non-regulated operational documentation (run book), policy and procedure (including facility GMP needs), site security, office maintenance and cleaning, landlord relations, site emergency, and general office oversight. Ensure that all facility utilities are 100% operational, safe and well-maintained. Hands on in soft services execution.
- Own integrated facility business continuity efforts for UK site(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, architecture or related field or equivalent experience, advanced degree preferred with significant years of facilities and maintenance operations experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Significant experience with proven track record of successful facilities management leadership in a senior role as demonstrated by results and accomplishments.
- Good project and operations management skills.
- Mix of engineering, soft services and operations experience.
- Self-starter capable of operating strategically and tactically to achieve goals.
- Experience in building construction and renovation of GMP manufacturing facilities.
- Demonstrated experience in a sterile / aseptic injectable Pharmaceutical manufacturing.
To be considered for this position please apply below.