Facility Construction Manager – Abingdon, Oxfordshire – 18 Month Contract
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Facility Construction Manager.
Under the supervision of the UK Facilities Director, this role will oversee facility expansion projects in the Milton Park campus. Scope includes:
- Represent internal interests and needs with 3rd parties (e.g. architect / engineers, property owners, construction contractors, inspectors).
- Lead the concept, scheme and detailed design (including internal documentation needs) for GMP manufacturing and research laboratory space.
- Manage on-site facility construction and GMP commissioning with support to internal validation teams through IQ and OQ execution.
- Interior space fit-out within completed shell and core, and making ready for occupancy any rental property.
In addition, this role will track project finances, provide regular status updates, and prepare business cases on a regular basis. This role will partner closely with the Manufacturing, Purchasing, IT, Facilities, Research and Quality Units to achieve project success.
- Lead and deliver the concept, scheme and detailed design (including internal documentation needs) in partnership with appointed design and build vendor for GMP manufacturing and research laboratory space. Manage on-site facility construction and GMP commissioning with support to validation teams through IQ and OQ execution. Lead the set-up of any temporary rental space to conform with internal needs.
- Ensure that agreed document deliverables are produced in accordance with internal requirements.
- Provide guidance, recommendations and engineering expertise relating to all mechanical, electrical, public health and specialist services such as GMP critical utilities / gases.
- Provide regular weekly reports on status, risk management and lookahead planning.
- Liaise with internal departments for design clarification / acceptance, keeping stakeholders up to date with design and build progress.
- Coordinate internal deliverables to meet timelines.
- Prepare any needed internal deliverables to help with decision making, clarifying concepts, and identifying alternatives.
- Ensure proper files for all records, drawings, specifications testing and commissioning are maintained and are in compliance with cGMP.
- Manage and mentor any direct reports / additional resources in running of daily project operations.
Provide regular status updates to supervisor on schedule, budgets, delays, recommendations and adverse problems.
Establish and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with other departments and 3rd parties.
- Project manage and / or provide oversight of projects ensuring no overspend unless specifically authorised by senior leadership.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BEng in Engineering or equivalent (Mechanical or Electrical preferred) with CEng status.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a sterile / aseptic injectable Pharmaceutical manufacturing preferred.
Skills & Competencies:
- Previous experience acting as Client representative (not consultant / contractor roles).
- Sterile or aseptic Pharmaceutical Manufacturing environment experience required.
- Experience with and working in Clean rooms: ISO Grades 5 – 8 European grades A – D Maintenance & Calibration Management.
- Familiarity with bioprocessing unit operations (i.e. bioreactors, TFF, Isolators and fill finish) and cleanroom operations.
- Strong knowledge of drug cGMP and regulatory issues is required.
- Familiar with Continuous Improvement principles and practice.
- Familiar with English laws, regulations, approved documents, codes of practice as well as specialist GMP related guidance.
- Familiar with general construction, mechanical, electrical and plumbing practices.
- Good computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project. AutoCAD skills would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of project management principles (APM or Prince2).
- Familiar with RFQs / RFPs and contracting practices.
- Experience managing budgets in excess of £12m.
- Capable of producing planning and programme documentation.
- Strong communication skills – ability to communicate effectively, showing consideration and concern, with ALL levels of the organization ranging from “Operator” to “CEO”.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Must be able to manage competing priorities (i.e. ability to organise and prioritise work to meet deadlines).
To be considered for this position please apply below.