Systems Engineer – Havant, Hampshire – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Systems Engineer.
Based in Havant, this role is for a Systems Engineer (SE) to work within the Military Solutions (MS) Systems Engineering Team where they will provide support to the TIQUILA Programme and as a Systems Engineer.
The SE will work on a wide variety of tasks supporting various E&T capture workstreams including, but not limited to:
- Application of their knowledge of systems and test engineering best practice in the performance of their duties
- Responsible for ensuring standards are met by the application of appropriate processes, procedures and tools throughout the engineering lifecycle.
- Performing a range of engineering tasks across the development lifecycle:
- Assisting with requirements elaboration and decomposition.
- Assisting with requirements management activities and compliance.
- Developing supplier requirements specifications.
- Development of system and service architecture and design.
- Input to the review gates for the overall technical solution.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- System or Aircraft System Design / Development / Integration / Testing experience, including experience of both hardware and software.
- Strong technical foundation in System Engineering principles and practice:
- Ability to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Ability to take ownership of technical issues and drive them to closure.
- Ability to take technical ownership for internal and external customer deliverables.
- Ability to scrutinise subcontractor technical submissions and provide constructive feedback.
- Experience of providing technical briefings / presentations up to Senior Engineers.
- Experience of developing effective relationships with customers and suppliers both internal and external.
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Desired Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Technical development experience in defence aviation domain.
- Experience of DOORS.
- Experience of Model Based Engineering.
- Experience working in the project capture phase.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.