People and Places Coordinator – Sheffield – Permanent
Nicholas Howard are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a People and Places Coordinator.
Based in Sheffield, this role forms part of the People & Places team which sits within the People & Places function. It is primarily responsible for; acting as a first point of contact for any employee pay related queries from both managers and employees, managing payroll, providing support and guidance on pay tax, benefits, bonuses, share scheme, and undertaking HR related project work.
- Maintain accurate employee records for all employees on PeopleHR database.
- Liaise with payroll providers for both UK and Irish employees.
- Process payroll and related salary deductions and additions on a monthly basis, i.e. sickness, holidays, bonuses, special payments, benefit elections etc.
- Liaise with benefit brokers for both the UK and Ireland, providing employee data as required and processing invoices.
- Respond to and resolve employee queries in a timely manner and in line with policy and process.
- Produce regular reports.
- Liaising with Finance team on scheduling and processing payments.
- Provide an exceptional level of service to employees and managers, acting as first point of contact.
- Undertake HR project work as directed by the Head of People & Places.
- Develop and maintain workflows and processes within the HR Information Management System.
Skills & Requirements:
- Good general understanding of HMRC pay related regulation.
- Advanced experience in working on Excel spreadsheets, Googlesheets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Close attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to prioritise time and effort, dealing with conflicting priorities.
- Highly numerate.
- Related accounting qualifications.
- Previous experience as a Payroll Officer.
- Extensive experience in calculating and managing payroll within HR function.
- Previous working experience of HR Information Management Systems in particular designing, implementing and delivering workflows.
- Experience in working in organisations that operate in performance related bonus structure and offer share schemes.
- Knowledge of PeopleHR and hotsheets.
To be considered for this position please apply below.