Account Manager, Consumer Optics (South) – Remote / Field Based – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as an Account Manager, Consumer Optics.
Remote / Field Based in the South, the Account Managers (AM) primary goal is to develop the relationship between customers’ accounts and the company in order to create, maintain, or grow sales revenue. Through sales strategy, customer relationship management (CRM) and resource management, the AM will execute activities that generate sales revenue.
As an account manager you will:
- Join an innovative and customer focused technology firm, delivering a diverse suit of game changing products and superb customer experiences across multiple business sectors.
- Collaborate with colleagues, both locally and globally, including marketing, finance, sales and service.
- Receive training and support from the internal team, with opportunities to develop, grow and progress in this people focused organisation.
- To develop the business of Consumer Optics products in a profitable and professional manner.
- To use initiative to develop opportunities within the businesses our product portfolio addresses, including Hunting, Nature, Photography, Cinematography and Machine vision.
- To continually monitor and support the account base to ensure maximum profitability and to achieve set targets.
- To create strong new customer relationships and develop and maintain existing ones.
- To follow the principles of key account management (KAM) to increase the value of the company to its customers and vice versa.
- This is a field-based role that requires the AM to travel by car / public transport to customer sites, meeting venues, or offices of the group.
- Regular periodic regional team review meetings with PC Manager and other staff where appropriate.
- The AM generates new leads and manages existing opportunities in the AM sales funnel.
- Quotations for products and services, tenders, product demonstrations and sales contract negotiation are all the responsibility of the AM.
- Travel to and from tradeshows, exhibitions and conferences including the staffing of exhibition booths.
- Continually monitor market conditions and competitor activity and provide this information to the PC Manager.
- To keep up to date with latest product developments and promotions / campaigns of the company and its competitors.
- Short term – become familiar with the customer base, markets, products and processes in the COP division.
- Mid-term – develop and implement strategies for growing revenue with existing customer base.
- Mid-term – open accounts with new retail businesses trading in the nature and hunting sectors.
- Broadly speaking, the south of the UK, from Worcester in the north west of the patch to Bury St Edmunds in the north east. And all areas to the south of this line – excluding Wales.
- The Job is divided into face to face customer visits and working from a home / company office using phone / email / video calls.
- Ability to effectively communicate and engage with a range of stakeholders.
- Previous Sales and account management experience.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage workload and prioritise their allocated customer call base.
- Self-motivated and target oriented.
- A basic knowledge of CRM and Microsoft office.
- Good knowledge of the Hunting and Nature industry would be beneficial.
To be considered for this position please apply below.