Application Developer – Cambridge – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as an Application Developer.
Our client is embarking on an exciting journey to offer market leading, cloud-based software, built with leading-edge thinking and technology. They have deep and long-standing roots in financial services and are accelerating their drive to provide loan origination, optimisation and collections technology to the world.
To do that, we want to hire the best talent to join their growing team. Developing new ways to deliver cutting edge technology solutions, using their vast collective industry experience.
To support the servicing platform strategy for Mortgages, Motor Finance and Credit management.
- Design and implement system changes by adhering to good practice and development standards.
- Investigate support requests, analyse and debug issues to provide resolutions and escalate where necessary.
- Write code that is reliable, maintainable, testable and performs well.
- Work with the Operations team to elicit and document business requirements.
- Write technical specifications and knowledge shares appropriate for a technical audience.
- Write handovers documentation for the business and IT Support.
- Carry out effective and accurate unit testing and identify any opportunities for automation.
- Work with UAT test teams to ensure high quality deliverables to live systems.
- Ensure end of day processes are reliable and provide quality logging and information in the event of exceptions.
- Understand the value to the business of fully automated solutions over those needing manual intervention.
- Provide accurate development estimates.
- Adhere to SDLC and other project governance responsibilities.
- Proactively identify business improvement opportunities.
Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience in a development or support environment preferred.
- Relevant 3rd level or professional qualifications.
- Experience in Financial Services.
- Strong SQL skills, including queries, stored procedures, functions, and indexing.
- Strong knowledge of relational database design (normalization, entity relationships diagrams, data modelling).
- Experience writing technical documentation, reviewing requirements, developing estimates.
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle, including Waterfall and Agile concepts.
- Experience using source control and version control tools, such as Git.
- Experience working with data in various formats, such as XML and JSON.
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot, debug and find solutions to problems.
- Good team player – ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage time effectively.
- Experience in mortgages or other lending industry.
- Data migration experience.
- Knowledge of T-SQL.
- Experience with ETL tools, such as SSIS.
- Experience with APIs (SOAP, REST).
- .Net development capabilities.
- MI or reporting experience, such as SSRS or other BI tools.
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts.
To be considered for this position please apply below.