MSL (Medical Science Liaison) Haematology – Oncology, North – Leeds – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as an MSL Haematology – Oncology.
Reporting to the UK MSL Manager, the Medical Science Liaison is responsible for the implementation of the local affiliates’ Medical Plan and tactics that support the successful commercialisation of in-market and future products.
This is a field-based, non-promotional role. The incumbent will be the medical and scientific expert for the therapy area. The main areas of responsibility include responding reactively to unsolicited requests for information from healthcare professionals, building collaborative relationships with opinion leaders and facilitating the exchange of unbiased scientific information between the medical community and the company through best in class medical education.
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring all activities are executed in accordance with regulatory and legal frameworks including but not limited to GCP, IFPMA and local regulations; as well as internal policies and Healthcare compliance procedures.
Provision of Medical Information:
- Provides high quality, balanced and scientific Medical Information to both internal and external customers on request and in a timely manner.
- Delivers best in class, scientific, educational meetings executed in accordance with internal, local regulatory and legal frameworks.
- Provides scientific information to ensure appropriate positioning of medicines within relevant national and local protocols, guidelines and formularies in order to ensure appropriate access.
Positions Self as Scientific Expert:
- Maintains an up to date and high level knowledge of the therapy area and products.
- Supports development of our positioning as the scientific authority on oncology.
- Attend appropriate scientific congresses to stay abreast of developments and to support Regional and National KOL activities.
- Provides Medical guidance and governance for all internal therapeutic areas in the UK.
- Acquires a broad understanding of local and national protocols of clinical practice in the UK.
Supports Company-Sponsored and Investigator Initiated Research:
- Supports the local implementation of sponsored studies and projects.
- Responds to requests for Investigator Initiated Research grants in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Supports the submission and review of Investigator Initiated Research proposals.
- Ensures support of the life cycle management of all products.
Develop External Relationships:
- Develop influential relationships with National and Local Key Opinion Leaders in the UK, leading to a productive two-way exchange of scientific information and opinion.
- Supports national KOL advocacy through provision of scientific and clinical information.
- Develop and maintain a national and regional database of key strategic contacts for each relevant product and disease area.
Medical Affairs Planning:
- Contributes to the development of the UK Medical Plan and provides input into local strategies and tactics.
- Manages relevant budget to enable execution of Medical Plan.
- Works in a collaborative manner with cross-functional colleagues to ensure a Key Account Management approach.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to critically analyse complex data.
- Clear and concise communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong inter-personal relationship building skills / collaboration and teamwork.
- Knowledge of specialty Haematology and Oncology market in the UK.
- Excellent command of spoken English.
Required / Preferred Education & Licenses:
- Scientific Graduate with a higher qualification e.g. PhD, Pharm D, MSc etc.
To be considered for this position please apply below.