Senior Internal Auditor – Woking – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Senior Internal Auditor.
Based in Woking, Corporate Services comprises the Internal Audit, Legal and Compliance Teams within the Operations Department.
The Corporate Services Team helps the company to achieve its objectives by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes both in the UK and abroad. It ensures compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, advises on the management and mitigation of risk (legal or otherwise) and ensures effective governance processes.
Main Purpose & Scope of the Job:
Internal Audit is an independent, objective assurance and consulting team that works with managers to improve operations and add value. It helps the company accomplish its objectives by evaluating and improving the effectiveness and efficiency of risk management, controls and governance processes.
The unit is an active member of the Network Internal Audit Group (NIAG) that enables audit teams across the wider network to share information, collaborate and coordinate their activities to maximise assurance levels and minimise duplication of effort. As a professional service the unit aims to conform to International Internal Auditing Standards.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Lead, plan, organise and carry out audit reviews of the company and international operations and partners, communicate results, make recommendations and monitor managements’ response and implementation of the agreed actions.
- Advise managers on systems of internal control.
- You may be required to mentor, lead and support colleagues from elsewhere in the organisation who may be brought in to lend their expertise to audit assignments on an ad hoc basis.
- Travel to sites abroad – international audits are planned and carried out according to need but are not expected to exceed more than 10 weeks per annum.
- Lead fraud investigations in accordance with UK’s fraud response plan.
- Feed in information to reports for the Audit Committee and other management meetings as required.
- Actively participate in and collaborate with the Network Internal Audit Group (NIAG) to improve the standard of Internal Audit across the Network.
Experience, Qualifications & Knowledge:
- Chartered Internal Auditor or CCAB accountant with considerable experience in Internal Audit leading complex internal audit reviews.
- Experience of leading complex internal audits.
- Experience of identifying and analysing complex information, regulations and policies and translating this into impactful advice and value adding solutions.
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders’ expectations and communicating with all levels of the organisation.
- Experience of travelling abroad, ideally within a work context.
Skills & Competencies:
- Demonstrable ability to work confidently alone and handle potentially difficult situations in a professional, tactful and confidential manner.
- Ability and confidence to lead audits in the UK and overseas in situations that may require rapid reappraisal of audit objectives and approaches.
- Ability to adapt approach to take into account cultural sensitivities and still deliver a quality audit product.
- Ability to analyse complex information and translate this into impactful advice and value adding solutions.
- Ability to plan own work and to meet tight deadlines not only in your own work but also to negotiate prompt responses from others to ensure a fast turnaround of reports.
- Ability to present complex issues in a simple and engaging manner to a range of audiences.
- Strong IT skills including the ability to use Excel to analyse data.
- Strong documenting and report writing skills that can be adapted to different audiences.
- Flexibility to travel internationally for up to ten weeks each year.
To be considered for this position please apply below.