Group Financial Controller – Cambridge or London – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Group Financial Controller.
As Group Financial Controller, you will be responsible for working with the Executive and non-Exec Directors to manage the balance sheet and oversee the financial activities of the subsidiaries. Your perspective will be that of a Group shareholder, and you will be responsible for ensuring that the subsidiaries operate in an efficient and compliant manner, providing regular high quality reporting which you will then consolidate and present to the Board.
Key aspects to the role include responsibility for consolidated accounting, forecasting, strategic planning, cashflow and capital management, FX risk management, tax planning & strategy and oversight of key external finance relationships (such as lenders, auditors, actuaries & lawyers). It is important to note that the day to day elements of these activities will be delivered by staff at a subsidiary level, and your role is therefore to oversee this activity and ensure it is being conducted on a timely, accurate and cost-effective basis.
The role is based in our Client’s modern Cambridge office, although it will allow for up to 80% of time spent working from home if that is desired. You will be expected to work closely with the subsidiary finance teams and meet with them electronically and in the various offices on a regular basis. Your will be expected to engage regularly with your key Director contacts, and on a bi-monthly basis with the Board.
The role will provide direct or indirect exposure to a diverse range of finance related activity carried out within the group including corporate M&A, portfolio acquisition and disposition, structured funding in the private and public debt markets, and a range of different capital raisings.
As an entrepreneurial and high growth business, our Client is seeking a candidate who not only has a strong background in accounting and finance but is happy to operate in a dynamic environment which may change and evolve with rapid pace as the business takes advantage of market opportunities which arise. The successful candidate will be able to operate independently for extended periods of time, and interact confidently with the subsidiary CFO’s and Financial Controllers.
- Preparing monthly reporting on consolidated group and business unit performance to the Executive team and Board.
- Preparation of monthly consolidated management accounts taking individual financials through a technical group consolidation.
- Preparation of the group consolidation for statutory accounting purposes and management of the Group audit.
- Management of the Group’s cash resources and forecasting of cashflow requirements including assessment and management of FX risks.
- Oversight of the subsidiary dividend policy and intra-group supplier relations.
- Understanding the tax position of the Group and implementing planning & strategy measures to deliver efficiency.
- Management of the Annual consolidated budget and oversight of the subsidiary forecast.
- Management and reporting on key Group to intercompany transactions and balances.
- Management and reporting of Group financing facility.
- Identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies within the finance processes & systems and designing & implementing robust solutions.
- Input into preparation of Annual Review to be published to shareholders.
- Oversight of key external finance relationships (auditors, tax advisors, lawyers, banks, investors) in partnership with individual finance heads.
- 5+yrs experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with subsidiary CFOs / Financial Controllers in remote locations.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and a results driven approach to challenges, with a customer service orientation.
- Strong accounting skills and understanding of IFRS, preferably professionally qualified (CA, CIMA or similar).
- Experience in financial services, either banking or non-bank financial institutions.
- Modelling and forecasting experience.
To be considered for this position please apply below.