Financial Controller – London – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Financial Controller.
Operating in a dynamic, fast paced environment, a unique and exciting opportunity exists for a Financial Controller to join our Client’s Finance team.
The Group is in the final stages of establishing an independent Finance team (previously Finance activity was performed by a centralised Group Finance function). The restructure means a small specialist Finance team will be created within which will include Corporate Finance, Treasury Operations and Capital Markets.
The role will be responsible for all Corporate Finance activity as well as providing some outsourced Finance services to other business units. Managing a small team, the role will report to the CFO and will be a peer with the heads of other Finance areas (Treasury Operations and Capital Markets).
The role is based in London but will require some travel to other offices and there will be an option to work from home for part of the week.
- Member of the Finance senior management team.
- Oversight of the management and financial reporting processes including monthly management accounts / board reporting and annual audited financial statements. Responsible for provision of Group reporting requirements to Group finance team.
- Oversight of budgeting and forecasting process, including annual financial budgets as well as responsibility for production of financial aspects of business plans / case for new products and initiatives.
- Management of a team of 3 – 4 staff based in London and Cambridge.
- Development of financial reporting suite tailored for a specialist lender and providing in depth analysis of business unit performance to the CFO, Executive Team and Board.
- Corporate cashflow management and planning.
- Key contact for Finance related professional advisors (auditors, tax advisors, valuers, lawyers).
- Responsible for tax compliance activities (e.g. corporation tax returns, VAT returns)and heavily involved in planning and implementing strategies to minimise effective tax rates.
- Identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies within the finance processes & systems and designing & implementing robust solutions.
- 5+yrs experience in progressively responsible Finance leadership roles preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to interact with business units and staff based in remote locations.
- Strong process design and implementation skills.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and a results driven approach to challenges, with a customer service orientation.
To be considered for this position please apply below.