Mortgage Servicing Specialist (Arrears & Litigation) – Sheffield – Permament
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Mortgage Servicing Specialist.
Based in Sheffield, the Mortgage Servicing Specialist uses their knowledge and experience to manage complex customer enquiries and, where customers are struggling to perform in line with their obligations under the mortgage, to ensure fair customer outcomes are achieved.
- Manage customer enquiries and requests in a professional manner.
- Undertake appropriate outbound contact to customers experiencing payment difficulties (or otherwise in non-compliance of the mortgage terms and conditions) to understand their circumstances and agree appropriate forbearance.
- In situations where forbearance has been exhausted, take appropriate action and oversee litigation, sale out of possession and the appointment of receivers.
- Consider options for the recovery of a shortfall following sale out of possession, including the consideration of professional negligence.
- Liaise with and oversee the performance of our third party service providers, including acting as a mandated decision maker and performing quality reviews.
- Manage vulnerable customers in line with company policy.
- Manage complex enquiries and oversee key processes.
- Maintain accurate and complete customer records, including detailed rationale to support decision making and outside mandate approvals.
- Administer account changes in line with procedures.
- Effectively manage allocated tasks to ensure all mortgage accounts are administered in a timely manner.
- Ensure all work is completed to a high standard and in compliance with all relevant legal, regulatory and internal policy & procedure requirements.
- Support and mentor less experienced colleagues.
- Support the team to meet / exceed set standards through achieving agreed performance objectives and key performance indicators.
- Assist in the creation, review and improvement of existing policies, procedures, written correspondence and system solutions.
- Work in partnership with other departments to meet business objectives.
- Adhere at all times to the principles of Treating Customers Fairly.
- Working in line with Company and legislative requirements in Health, Safety & Welfare for both self and others.
Skills & Requirements – State Essential and Desirable:
- Significant knowledge and experience of Arrears, Litigation and Repossessions Management within the UK Residential and Buy to Let Mortgages.
- Demonstrable experience of other key mortgage servicing processes (such as title registration, term expiry and redemptions).
- Understanding of DPA / GDPR principles.
- Strong people and customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- MS Office and / or Google experience.
- Good organisational and administrative skills with a proven ability to prioritise tasks.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- Team player.
To be considered for this position please apply below.