Data Protection Manager – Woking – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Data Protection Manager.
Based in Woking, our Client requires a Data Protection Manager to support internal compliance with its data protection obligations. This role is vital to deliver and demonstrate their commitment to the protection of their supporter’s data, and the data of those who engage with and work with them, as well as to the ICO. The Data Protection Manager will report to the Head of Legal & Compliance and work closely with key contacts across the organisation.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To support the internal data protection compliance programme. Working closely with the Head of Legal & Compliance you will ensure that our Client demonstrates compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the ICO and all relevant legislation, regulation and guidance.
- To advise the organisation on all matters involving personal data.
- To revise, roll out and implement policies and procedures to enable our Client to demonstrate compliance with its data protection requirements.
- To attend regular project planning and update meetings to advise on data protection and privacy by design considerations.
- To maintain the internal data map.
- To own the data privacy impact assessment process and ensure assessments are carried out in a timely, accurate manner and used throughout internal projects.
- To monitor and check data protection compliance working with others across the organisation and carrying out regular checks to identify issues and recommend and implement solutions.
- To deliver monthly and annual reporting, and keep and maintain record of data protection compliance activities.
- To devise and deliver training to support data protection compliance across the organisation.
- To update and maintain organisational guidelines and self-help tools.
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required of you in the post.
Experience, Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Proven experience and knowledge of data protection compliance.
- Expert knowledge of the GDPR, Data Protection Act 2018, PECR and relevant legislation, regulation and guidance including that of the ICO.
- Experienced data privacy practitioner, ideally with a recognised practitioner or legal qualification.
- Experience working within the charitable or third sector desirable.
- Experience in engaging with regulators or government bodies is an advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to communicate, influence and negotiate.
- Ability to find creative solutions to enable and support the organisation.
- Great at building relationships, inspiring trust and confidence with a personable outlook.
- Strong implementation skills, including your rigour in development of, and adherence to, quality assurance frameworks.
- Strong analytical skills and ability of bringing a structure to complex problems.
- Ability to manage your own workload efficiently.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Positive attitude, energy, and determination.
To be considered for this position please apply below.