Head of Mortgage Servicing – Sheffield – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Head of Mortgage Servicing.
Based in Sheffield, the successful candidate will be responsible for the Mortgage Servicing team, administration of originated and serviced mortgage loans and the delivery of a robust arrears management framework; whilst maintaining operational oversight of the Sheffield office.
- Manage the end to end mortgage administration process leading to a best in class customer experience, ensuring that all customers are treated fairly and in line with internal policies and regulatory responsibilities.
- Oversee management of all non-performing accounts, including the provision of forbearance, litigation and recovery, to ensure fair outcomes are achieved.
- Control the mechanics of all mortgage accounts including the accuracy of all mortgage account transactions, calculations and balances.
- Deliver a service in line with agreed SLA’s.
- Maintain the team’s policies and procedures, reviewing the content regularly in conjunction with Compliance and embedding all changes as required.
- Regularly review and implement improvements to the framework used to manage productivity, service level adherence and quality of output (in conjunction with Compliance and Quality Assurance) within the team.
- Conduct an appropriate level of monitoring activity (in conjunction with Quality Assurance) to ensure that individual performance is reviewed and risks are mitigated.
- Identify operational enhancements to support improved efficiencies.
- Manage team productivity and performance, including setting SMART objectives.
- Promote the development of all team members, supported by cross skilling, structured development plans, regular coaching sessions and succession planning.
- Recognise and reward high performance and positive behaviours to create a team of passionate, driven and energised colleagues.
- Support the development and implementation of new initiatives and new clients.
- Day to day management, oversight and governance of third party relationships.
- Undertake audit activity on third party suppliers.
- Provide clear and effective reporting, both internally and externally.
- Monitor and report on risks and controls as appropriate.
Skills & Requirements – State Essential and Desirable:
- Extensive experience in the UK mortgage market with at least the past 5 spent in a management position (Essential).
- Broad knowledge of UK mortgage regulation (Essential).
- Demonstrable experience and expertise in the management of non-performing mortgages to facilitate fair outcomes (Essential).
- Demonstrable knowledge and expertise in all other facets of mortgage servicing operations; from the management of Title Registration through to Redemptions (Essential).
- Expert understanding of risk within Mortgage Operations, including mitigation through process design and monitoring (Essential).
- Solid technical understanding of loan configuration, interest charging and payment recalculation methodologies (Essential).
- Solid understanding of BACs rules (Essential).
- Confident decision maker with an eye for detail and some experience of credit based decisions (Essential).
- Confident approach in the use of data to monitor and manage operations (Essential).
- Driven & energetic leadership style, with an emphasis on the development of people, the maintenance of high standards of operation and continuous improvement (Essential).
- Experience of managing third party relationships; both clients and suppliers (Essential).
- Detailed knowledge of UK mortgage distribution (Desirable).
- Knowledge of capital markets, wholesale funding warehouse lines and whole-loan sale programs (Desirable).
- Professional mortgage advice qualification (Desirable).
To be considered for this position please apply below.