Legal Counsel – London – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as Legal Counsel.
Based in London, this role adds to the lawyers in a small team of legal, financial awards / contract manager and business development professionals to sustain and support the growth portfolio of vaccine candidates. The role holder will be a key member of select project teams to grow the portfolio, to provide a system or data to better enable the rapid development of vaccines and to support and enable projects through implementation phase. The role holder will also contribute to enabling the further growth of the company through the use of technology to streamline the operations of the legal and business development team.
- Advise on UK and EEA legal and risk issues, drawing on and managing outside counsel internal subject matter experts as required.
- Draft and negotiate agreements ranging from small research programme donations to major funding and procurement agreements, working together across functions (finance, R&D, commercial / industry advisors) internally as required.
- Serve as lead lawyer for selected projects in implementation phase.
- Create and maintain legal and agreement templates.
- Assist in managing and developing contract automation templates.
- Contribute to knowledge-building in legal tech.
- Be or become a subject matter expert in one or more areas of specialist legal expertise.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
We are looking for a UK / EEA /US qualified practising lawyer; UK qualification preferred with secondary qualifications would be a plus. In addition we would expect the ideal candidate to demonstrate the following:
- Good post qualification experience in a commercial discipline including strong negotiation experience.
- Experience in a regulated industry preferably life sciences strongly preferred but not required.
- Experience of working with cross-functional teams essential.
- Experience of working internationally strongly preferred.
- Good legal technical skills; strong negotiation skills.
- Able to manage competing priorities and manage time effectively.
- Forward focussed, a curious thinker and an enthusiastic learner.
- Can challenge and disagree whilst maintaining relationships then commit to path forward.
- Takes ownership of their work and delivers solutions even when there may be ambiguity – working collaboratively to maximise impact.
- Clear concise written and spoken English skills; other languages (French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Hindi, Chinese) a plus.
Travel & Location Requirements:
In normal circumstances, likely to require regular travel between London and Oslo and possibly US in due course.
To be considered for this position please apply below.