Board Secretary – London – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Board Secretary.
Based in London, the primary objective of this role will be to ensure board meetings and committee meetings are organised and executed effectively.
- Lead on the effective organisation of and all practicalities relating to the Board and Board Committees and meetings.
- Coordinate internal preparation for meetings from coordinating development of pre-reads, agendas, and presentations.
- Act as the key point of contact for Board members and lead on the onboarding programme for Board members.
- Support management of Committee meetings, development of agendas, take minutes, and ensure follow up on actions and resolutions.
- Manage housekeeping and practicalities relating to governance, Board and Committees.
- Ensure compliance with internal transparency policy from governance meetings, and facilitate effective internal communications regarding governance meetings.
- Manage the process for internal Operations Committee, working closely with the Co-Chairs, coordinating meetings, agendas, materials, and other tasks as assigned.
- Support the Chief of Staff on governance activities, preparation of written materials and other ad hoc duties.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
This is an opportunity for someone with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and who:
- Has excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English.
- Is very organised, with an ability to work in a structured way and to prioritise effectively.
- Demonstrates high levels of professionalism, tact, and ability to work with senior individuals.
- Is able to develop and build working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to be an autonomous, resilient self-starter, able to successfully navigate within varying degrees of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
In addition, we would like them to have (although these are desirable):
- Experience of working with a Board or executive team / member.
- Experience of effectively managing the practicalities and logistics of meetings.
- Experience of working with Board software / collaborative software.
Travel and Location Requirements:
- This is a full-time position.
- The position will be based in London or Oslo.
- International travel will be required.
To be considered for this position please apply below.