EMC Engineer – Havant, Hampshire – 6 Month Contract
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as an EMC Engineer.
Based in Havant, the successful candidate will support the EMC, TEMPEST and Lightning Immunity (LEMP) and Nuclear Electromagnetic Pulse (NEMP) immunity design activities on Merlin and Maritime programmes. The EMC engineer will be responsible for ensuring that all EC Directive, National, CESG and particular contractual standards are met and that appropriate design and control documentation is produced.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
Undertake the following tasks:
Provide specialist technical knowledge to programme management
- Provide input to Radio Frequency environmental studies that may be required in support of programmes.
- Compile EMC Control Plans and Test Reports.
- Review incoming design documentation and test results from vendors.
- Determine suitability for flight in the Merlin Mk2 environment including any additional aircraft limitations and advice to aircrew (Merlin Programme).
- Determine suitability for operation of Maritime equipment.
- Generate additional limitations and advice to be included in the design documentation generated, which ultimately underpin system design certification (Maritime and Merlin) and the Release to Service for the Merlin Mk2.
The output from the above duties will be in the form of advice, for use by the Chief Engineers (Merlin and Maritime) and Chief Airworthiness Engineer (Merlin Programme Only) to inform their decision on ultimate acceptance of design and test artefacts and subsequent flight/system clearance.
Ideally require a Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college and capability typically achieved through demonstrable professional experience. Will also consider individuals with equivalent experience / combined education.
- A minimum of 5 years practical experience in an EMC Design and test role.
- Knowledge of EC Compliance regulations and of UK and US Military EMC procedures including Def-Stan 59-41/59-411, Mil Std 461, DO/RTCA 160.
- Knowledge of Maritime systems, including radars.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Knowledge of aircraft Avionic systems and / or maritime.
- Understanding and experience of test procedures and hands on data analysis in a complex systems integration environment.
The EMC Engineer will exhibit the following attributes:
- Be able to work on the task associated with the overall function without placing an excessive burden on the practitioner or expert.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and Verbal.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.