Associate Director, Market Access – Remote / Field Based – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as an Associate Director, Market Access.
Working remotely, the successful candidate will develop, define and implement the local market access strategy to create a positive local environment for the Neurosciences portfolio. This will include obtaining, maintaining and improving market access and leading on local service redesign projects.
As a key part of the customer facing team, the Associate Director, Market Access will also assist in achieving the overall UK and Ireland financial results in collaboration with the cross-functional customer facing teams, by creating an environment to optimally enable the prescribing of products in the context of the service.
Manage local market access processes for the future portfolio:
- Deliver Advanced Budgetary Notification for any new medicines where deemed appropriate.
- Influence and secure attractive tariffs / service fee payments / local commissioning arrangements to support appropriate market access for new medicines within the Neurosciences portfolio.
- Ensure timely and appropriate implementation of national HTA recommendations to secure local funding.
- In the absence of national HTA recommendations, secure inclusion on CCG formularies.
- Ensure local commissioning arrangements support appropriate market access.
Provide internal local market access leadership:
- Lead and implement the development of the market access plans as part of the overall cross-functional integrated territory / account plan. Through delivery of this, support the achievement of financial results for the assigned territory.
- Provide insight into the brand strategy and planning.
- Proactively anticipate trends influencing the local territory market access environment and provide input into the account level plans to either leverage the opportunity or minimize the risk.
- Participate in the development of materials for use in this role. Work with the Market Access Director for the UK to highlight requirements and provide feedback for materials.
- Collaborate with national, EU and global colleagues as appropriate to ensure optimal market access for products in the UK and Ireland.
- Be an active and contributory member of the Market Access Team – sharing learnings and collaborating on market access excellence with colleagues from across affiliates and regions.
- Contributes to the development of functional and / or broader department strategy.
- Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the function and / or broader department.
- Engage with appropriate stakeholders across healthcare settings to highlight current service inefficiencies and share best practice of other models of care, helping to improve / redesign services to the benefit of patients, the NHS and Neuroscience’s medicines.
- Propose innovative service models and support interested local health economies to drive changes to reduce waiting times, improve the efficiency of patient:carer interactions and improve outcomes.
- In response to customer requests, support the creation of business cases in local health economies with relevant clinical, demographic & health outcomes data to implement appropriate service models to support the uptake of Neuroscience’s medicines.
- Proactively identify service barriers that hinder the prescribing of Neuroscience’s medicines and propose service solutions to overcome these. Support localities with the implementation of these solutions.
- Highlight financial savings / investments and have complex conversations around the health economics and budget impact with relevant stakeholders across healthcare settings.
- Support the expansion of local services in order to broaden access to Neuroscience’s medicines.
- Identify and develop trust-based working relationships with relevant key stakeholders, including CCGs, Service managers, regional policy makers.
- Develop payer KOLs for wider use in the business and on other geographies.
- Manage the agreed budget, highlighting any significant variation.
- Documented track record in developing, delivering and implementing local reimbursement, service redesign and patient access strategies.
- Deep understanding of UK / Ireland healthcare environment and context with demonstrated understanding of strategic priorities, national health policy and direction of travel.
- Tangible examples of shaping a healthcare environment through service redesign in a previous role.
- Proven and demonstrable project management skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and oral; gravitas and credibility are a must.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with examples of innovation and creativity.
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- The ability to work in a fast, dynamic, matrix structure.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; self-starter with a strong sense of personal accountability.
- Financial awareness and excellent business acumen.
- Strong personal management skills including time management, workload prioritisation, responsiveness, multi-tasking and flexibility.
- Willingness to travel extensively, mainly within UK and Ireland.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- ABPI qualified.
- Full driving license.
To be considered for this position please apply below.