Trade Compliance Coordinator – Havant, Hampshire – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Trade Compliance Coordinator.
Based in Havant, this role is for a Trade Compliance Coordinator to work within the International Trade Compliance team within the Sustainment function, performing a variety of tasks to support Import/Exports. Additional tasks include record keeping, including export filing and softcopy reconciling of databases, updating and maintaining journals, ledgers and other records detailing export and import business transactions.
- Export Licence accounting ensuring compliance under the Department for International Trade regulations for record keeping when using export licenses for controlled goods.
- Complete checks and auditing of all exports & imports on a monthly basis.
- Maintain compliance through reporting of licence usage to the Department for International Trade by providing open licence returns annually.
- Liaise with Shipping on record keeping of International Exports versus Database entry such as the MSS reporting by checking of Import entries for compliance against Import Customs requirements.
- The role will involve significant usage of in-house IT systems in performance of the record keeping and accounting tasks.
- Export / import activities including the flow of traffic to / from foreign destinations, brokerage and customs transactions.
- Maintains facility awareness and compliance with all regulations governing the shipment, receipt and documentation of exported / imported products.
- Researches and resolves export and import issues, including those related to customers or suppliers.
- Interfaces with internal and external worldwide export / import operations and organisations.
- Organise and maintain export / import files / databases.
- Support the Trade Compliance Team by providing all areas of the business with current issues and their mitigation / resolution.
- File and manage the record keeping of US export licences via the tracker.
- Support lead with the Monthly Operations Report and update where necessary.
- Provide Monthly Metrics on importing and exporting to the Commercial & Trade Compliance Director.
- Support applications on SPIRE of licences and other authorisations e.g. F680, PVGs etc.
- Be first point of contact for all business travel and provide export approvals along with liaising with security.
- Manage export inbox and liaise with Trade Compliance Lead.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Good acumen for learning and development as the role is designed for an entry level candidate with some compliance experience and knowledge of business management processes.
- Good skill sets with data management and ability to use spread sheets and databases in order to present record keeping statistics and metrics.
- An ability to perform multiple administration tasks, analytical skills and there must be an aptitude for creative problem solving.
- Be proficient with IT applications (i.e. Microsoft packages).
- Be able to communicate well with others, work independently and have an attention to detail.
- Knowledge – Previous experience in an Export / Shipping department or frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices.
- Problem Solving – Develops solutions to a variety of problems.
- Discretion / Latitude – Works under very general supervision.
To be considered for this position please apply below.