Field Engineer – Winchester, Hampshire – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Field Engineer.
To deliver support our Client has a team of field engineers run from its Winchester office by a working Engineering Director to whom this position will report. The position will require the successful applicant to travel extensively and to spend part of the week away from home on a regular basis. Being a field engineer in the sectors in which the Client operates requires flexibility and adaptability; as job schedules are often changed at short notice at the customer’s request.
The duties of the Field Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Delivering the full range of installations, site acceptance test, qualification, calibration, service and breakdown / troubleshooting services on the customers site.
- Dealing with “return to base” breakdown and warranty issues at the Winchester head office.
- Dealing with on-site customer related documentation, (permit to work, method statements, attendance records, site reports).
- Compiling off site customer documentation (service reports, calibration reports etc) for timely dispatch to the customer.
- Working with the Engineering Director to maintain maximum scheduling efficiency.
- Dealing with customers, estates staff, internal and external facility managers and equipment users at all times presenting an efficient, knowledgeable and customer friendly company profile.
- Maintaining the company car provided in a manner compliant with company procedures.
- Maintaining and delivering to company admin staff, expenses, mileage records, timesheets etc as required.
- Identifying possible sales or upselling opportunities to company sales staff.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the role and working profile of a Field Engineer.
- Demonstrate an understanding of at least two of the required skill sets of:
– Mechanical engineering
– Electrical engineering and fault finding
– Refrigeration at pharmaceutical temperatures (-70 degrees or lower) derived from industrial refrigeration experience
- “F Gas” Regulation certification would be desirable.
- PC ability consistent with on road communication and report generation.
- Have a strong “can do” service ethos.
- Be able to work equally comfortably as either part of a multi engineer team or on his or her own.
To be considered for this position please apply below.