Business Analyst – Dublin, Ireland – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Business Analyst.
If you enjoy evaluating and analysing data, optimising operational processes, communicating with a wide cross section of team members and have a good grasp of information technology, a career as a Business Analyst could be for you.
As a business analyst, you’ll help to manage change, drive improvements in performance and plan for the future in line with the company goals. This could involve a number of ongoing projects as part of the permanent processes of the organisation. You’ll need to understand the current organisational situation, identify future needs and create solutions to help meet those needs, usually (but not always) in relation to information and software systems. You will need to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the way the company works and the sector it operates in, as you will be helping the organisation to develop its processes, functions, services and products to meet goals with internal and external stakeholders. You will also play a key role in communicating between internal departments and external parties, acting as a ‘translator’ where necessary to incorporate how information technology can support the organisation’s needs.
- Company technology underpins the groups business so you would have the opportunity to help implement the latest digital systems and processes, investigating the most efficient and effective way the business can benefit.
- Communicate with internal colleagues to understand the needs of departments and the organisation as a whole.
- Work with external stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into the service / function / product provided.
- Ensure that any market regulations, new and changes that could affect the business processes are reviewed, impact assessed and any required development or organizational changes are planned and tested.
- Use data modelling practices to analyse your findings and create suggestions for strategic and operational improvements and changes.
- Consider the opportunities and potential risks attached to the suggestions you have made.
- Identify the processes and information technology required to introduce your recommendations using clearly defined functional specification documents and flowcharts.
- Gain agreement, usually from senior management, of the best method of introducing your recommendations to the business.
- Communicate the benefits of your recommendations across departments and help to address any uncertainty and concern.
- Produce written documentation to support your work, report on your findings and to present to stakeholders when necessary.
- Support the staff and teams in making the recommended changes, including helping to resolve any issues.
- Ensure project plans are made and processes are created to evaluate the impact of the changes made, including taking responsibility for overseeing and reporting on this evaluation.
- Coordinate and develop Business BI requirements.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong analytical skills.
- 2+ years’ experience in the Asset Finance industry preferred.
- Previous experience working with BI tools (Looker is desirable).
- SQL data structure and working knowledge for query design.
- Good understanding of Underwriting processes and strategies.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate successfully with colleagues at all levels and build effective working relationships across the business.
- Ability to simplify and present complex analytical work to all levels throughout the business.
- Highly PC literate with a good knowledge of all Google applications.
- Project Management Skills.
- An innovative, creative approach to problem solving.
- Able to operate on a flexible basis with demanding delivery timetables.
To be considered for this position please apply below.