Program Manager – Amphill, Bedfordshire – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Program Manager.
Based in Ampthill, the successful candidate will be accountable for the achievement of the financial, performance and timeliness goals.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Planning and delivery of major upgrade to the functionality of a complex, high safety integrity electronic product incorporating integrated hardware, firmware and software elements in the military environment. Overseeing procurement of components, production of prototypes, formal qualification and certification and transition to low volume production.
General responsibilities include:
- Establishing the baseline plan to deliver commitments and achieve the performance, cost, schedule and quality objectives.
- Developing and maintaining the programme organisation, roles and responsibilities and the matrix relationship to business functions (e.g. Engineering, Operations, Subcontract Management & Finance). Managing the execution and performance against the baseline.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrated competency and delivery experience in electrical and / or electronic engineering products.
- Experience of full design lifecycle. Knowledge of Systems Engineering and Functional Safety an advantage.
- Managing execution of and transition between all phases.
- Ensuring timely and thorough requirements development, communication, traceability, baselining, configuration control, validation and verification involving all stakeholders.
- Establishing and maintaining a programme management plan and a subcontract management plan.
- Ensuring the programme’s plans, schedules, budgets developed and technical, cost, schedule and resource baselines set and maintained, taking account of dependencies, resource requirements and contractual and financial commitments.
- Implementing a Programme Performance Management process, including the application of Earned Value Management (EVM) principles. Ensuring that EVM requirements are flowed down to subcontractors if applicable.
- Implementing data management and configuration management processes.
- Ensuring the programmes risks and opportunities are identified, monitored and mitigation plans devised and implemented in accordance with Command Media.
- Ensuring compliance with Company process and procedures (Command Media).
- Undertaking the required reviews to ensure good governance by providing evidence based progress and status information and reports.
- Leading the programme team to deliver through empowerment and inspiration.
- Managing stakeholders.
- Experienced in delivering successful Projects in a corporate environment.
- Evidence of frequent interaction with senior leaders.
- Proven record of shaping/influencing financial/strategic decision making.
- Strong leadership attributes.
- Experience of development of safety related products.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.