Business Support Manager / Lead PA – London – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Business Support Manager / Lead PA.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, the Business Support Manager (BSM) leads the Business Support Team, providing general and bespoke business and administrative support to work colleagues within a dynamic and busy Corporate Office.
Working closely with the Director of Strategic Engagement and the Business Operations Manager, the BSM will lead the Business Support Team to support key campaigns and events by ensuring resources (people and facilities) are focused on priority tasks, are fit for purpose and allocated accordingly. The BSM will initially work with the Relocation Project Lead to ensure a successful move and thereafter ensure that the new Corporate Office meets the needs of the business in the UK. As a matter of routine, the BSM is responsible for effective management and maintenance of high standards across a range of general office management, EESH, IT, security, financial and reporting tasks are completed to a high standard. The BSM will be a role model for collaborative working, champion inclusion and diversity and be responsible for developing a high-performing Business Support Team.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
Has Line Management responsibility for the London Office Receptionist and Business Support Team (including 3 PA’s but not the CE’s EA). Line management responsibilities to include but are not limited to: performance management; absence management; resource planning; training; and recruitment. Specifically:
- Leading the Business Support Team.
- Managing the maintenance of training records to ensure all training requirements are met.
- Establishing collaborative relationships across and beyond own area of responsibility in order to maximise the business’ performance.
- Identifying ‘single points of failure’ and putting ‘knowledge transfer’ plans or procedures in place to mitigate such risks.
- Engaging with relevant executives to execute the performance management appraisal for the Business Support Team in line with company processes.
- The BSM is the first point of contact for new or emerging tasks that are not clearly defined as being within the EA’s or PAs’ TORs. e.g. RIAT and VIP visits are the responsibility of the EA.
- Work with the Relocation Project Lead to ensure a successful office.
- Make certain that the new Corporate Office meets the needs of the business in the UK.
- Maintain an open and supportive relationship with all other occupants of the Corporate Office, especially with the EA for Europe and EA Comms.
- Organise and run a staff meeting for all occupants of the Corporate Office.
- Undertaking appropriate post-meeting actions to ensure implementation of decisions and progression of matters arising.
- Report a range of Key Performance Indicators in a timely manner.
- Developing and implementing contractual arrangements.
- Acts as escalation point for Reception in liaising with all office vendors and tradesmen.
- Acts as escalation point for Reception for managing utilities, repairs and payments.
- Ensuring adequate staff levels to cover for absences of admin staff.
- Arrange the annual Staff Social event in December each year.
- Work closely with Finance Lead on the office budget.
- Process and input all invoices and Finance for the corporate office.
- Distribute any finance updates/information to staff, to include new ADN’s, FCPA/policies.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Outstanding team player who is adept at delegating and then supervising tasks.
- Excellent people, communication and management skills with high EQ.
- Communicating business sensitive or personal information in a professional manner.
- Have the confident and articulate manner needed to deal with colleagues, vendors and customers on a regular basis.
- Ability to influence and drive change.
- Line management experience covering all aspects of the employee life cycle.
- Office and Facilities management knowledge and experience.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills, including experience and knowledge in the use of the advanced MS Office suite.
- Knowledge of financial controls and ability to manage efficiently.
- Sound understanding of EESH regulations and best practice.
- Good understanding of Security procedures and processes.
To be considered for this position please apply below.