CAD Operator – Andover, Hampshire – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a CAD Operator.
Based in Andover, the purpose of the role is to support the Engineering Manager in the design of all manufactured product to meet the lowest overall manufacturing cost consistent with customer requirements.
- To support the Engineering Manager in all design and engineering activities to include: –
– Creation of artwork and tooling from customer supplied drawings & artwork to meet production requirements for timing and quality.
– Creation of BOM & Routings on MRP system to meet production requirements for timing and accuracy.
– Liaising with customers & suppliers on technical matters.
– Supporting Sales team with technical queries.
– Identifying alternative materials.
– Creating costings for quotations.
- To ensure that all engineering related databases are maintained in as accurate and current state as possible. To Include: –
– In co-operation with production for the setting, application and maintenance of production standard times.
– ECR activity
- To assist production to improve cost effectiveness and yields in any way possible.
- To assist in the development implementation and maintenance of appropriate QMS procedures to cover all engineering activities.
- Develop new products / ideas.
Tools and Systems Used:
- 123MRP and AutoCad LT, Illustrator, Package.
- Microsoft Office
- A good general product engineering background or education.
Specialist Training Required:
- Ideally AutoCad LT & Illustrator, although training will be given.
Particular Aptitude / Skill Required:
- A flexible resourceful team player with a positive, professional and disciplined approach to achieving the objectives of the business. A knowledge of electronics would be a bonus.
To be considered for this position please apply below.