Director of Pricing, EU & ROW – Oxford – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Director of Pricing, EU & ROW.
Based in Oxford, the Director of Pricing, EU and Rest of World (EU+ROW) is responsible for the pricing strategies and capabilities in international markets (ex-US). This includes the development and implementation of regional launch pricing strategies, the ability to successfully prepare for and navigate national pricing negotiations within countries, and optimize list and net pricing over the life-cycle of individual therapies to maintain and maximise access. This leadership role is responsible for defining pricing goals and building core technical and strategic capabilities for operational pricing in speciality and retail channels. As an innovative company, we will expect this individual to lead the organization in developing tailored or bespoke pricing offers for payers that meet or exceed customer expectations. This individual will also be responsible for developing and maintaining the database for in-market prices for products, managing international reference pricing opportunities and challenges, and providing future pricing assumptions to inform commercial planning.
- Providing leadership and building technical capability to ensure optimal price setting and price changes for the product portfolio across the EU+ROW region.
- Working alongside regional product access leads to set regional pricing corridors and local pricing guidance from pre-launch to end of product lifecycle.
- Further developing and conducting due diligence on local pricing proposals and implementation strategies, including national negotiations, contracts and tenders.
- Facilitating pricing proposal endorsement through the EU+ROW pricing committee and strategic management committee reviews.
- Expanding, upgrading and managing the pricing database for products to ensure internal visibility and accuracy of product prices, to inform customer services prices, support commercial planning & forecasting, and to allow for international price referencing analysis.
- Building internal capability to conduct product launch sequence optimisation and international price referencing analyses, to identify and minimise pricing risks and optimise long-term revenues.
- Leading development of contracting frameworks and structures to support improved access across the product portfolio.
- Ensuring clear guidance on operational pricing responsibilities and process between us and our partners.
- Providing insight into future pricing needs and policy, and identifying future pricing risks for the portfolio
- Supporting expansion of commercial sales for product/s in new EU/ROW markets by managing price opportunities and risk.
- Improving accuracy of mid-to long term revenue price forecasting.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience of pricing strategy development and implementation, with ability to demonstrate understanding of technical skills and capabilities required to support regional pricing capability.
- Experience of managing pricing for a drug portfolio in a regional capacity.
- Direct experience of implementing pricing strategies for drug launches – Including speciality and retail.
- Experience of building or managing an international price database.
- Experience of conducting international reference price analysis to inform pricing strategies.
- Proven ability to facilitate integrated working across company teams, in particular market access, HEOR, marketing and finance.
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships with country access leads.
- Experience in drug launches in European markets essential, with experience in Asia, MENA or South America of benefit.
Required / Preferred Education and Licenses:
- Degree in health science, health policy, health economics, health policy or related discipline required.
- MBA or Masters in pricing related discipline preferred.
Description of Physical Demands:
- Responsibilities may require working outside of “normal” hours, in order to meet business demands e.g. Payer authority request deadlines.
- Travel will be an essential part of this role.
To be considered for this position please apply below.