Independent Financial Advisor – Fareham, Hampshire – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as an Independent Financial Advisor.
Based in Fareham, this is an employed position working as an Independent Financial Adviser, initially shadowing / working alongside the company director who also offers regulated financial planning and advice to existing and new clients. As an employed adviser you represent the company and the company brand. As such you will be well placed to proactively address any enquiries received by the business, carry out any client duties as required by your line manager and /or the directors, and be keen to build the client base as well as promoting the brand. You will be a motivated and energetic individual comfortable working independently as well as part of a team. You will be required to support the marketing activities of the firm by attending events, following up leads generated by the company and being involved with delivery of events and other client generation activities, including forming and building professional connections. In turn, the company commit to providing you with exceptional quality business development tools and 1:1 support to aid you in providing exceptional quality advice and services to our clients. We believe that your success is our success.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To demonstrate that you are ‘fit and proper’ and meet the requirements of the approved persons regime and represent the company as an individual of the utmost integrity.
- To provide the customer with focused financial advice by:
– Developing relationships based on trust, confidence and credibility.
– Conducting thorough Fact find meetings and drawing out the financial needs and aspirations of the client via effective listening and questioning.
– Recording and maintaining accurate records to ensure that our regulatory responsibilities are met and our clients receive quality services.
- Communicate with the business, colleagues and clients in a timely manner and in a clear, fair and not misleading manner.
- Follow the approved sales process under the guidance of the Compliance department.
- Meet Regulatory, Quality and Compliance Standards as per the T&C scheme.
- Keep up to date with all regulatory changes affecting the provision of advice.
- Ensure all CPD, training and future qualifications are undertaken in line with business needs.
- Fact Finding Skills.
- Competent use of Standard IT applications.
- Demonstration of strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence and build strong relationships.
- Ability to deliver high quality presentations.
- Exceptional client relationship skills.
- Technical knowledge of investments, pensions and tax planning.
Experience and Qualifications:
- QCFL4 Diploma or close to completion.
- Satisfy the FCA criteria for an approved person.
- Demonstrate and maintain own CPD.
- Ideally 2 years+ experience of working in a financial services environment.
To be considered for this position please apply below.