Production Operative – Andover, Hampshire – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Production Operative.
Based in Andover, the successful candidate will ensure that the manufacturing process operates as smoothly as possible, reducing costly inefficiencies to a minimum. Have a strong knowledge of the entire manufacturing process, from start to finish, as well as a working knowledge of the overall business needs and what customers need and expect. Knowledge of mechanical and electronic basics are key. Integration of components and PCB’s in manufacturing along with mechanical assembly and the ability to read assembly drawings. In addition, you will be required to assist with administration duties as requested by senior management.
- Carry out the assembly, on both electronic and mechanical assemblies, using, predetermined programs and works orders, detailed work instructions or drawings to the required company standard and/or programme standards. Work must be completed to an acceptable quality level, as defined by these standards, with the minimum of rejects at inspection.
- Inspect and test completed assemblies as required.
- Cut, strip, and terminate wires to connector’s and electrical units.
- To work on your own initiative, independently and quickly with minimum supervision.
- Follow production drawings and sample assemblies or receive verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Be highly proficient in prototype wiring, crimping and soldering.
- Assist the production team as required on mechanical build projects.
- Work alongside the QA manager to highlight issues and improvement.
- Notify errors on procedures, drawings, bills of material, and routes to the support teams (Quality, Manufacturing Engineering).
- Excellent soldering and workmanship standards to meet the requirements of the defence sector.
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills paying particular attention to detail.
- Optical experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience of working to deadlines with the ability to multi task and work under pressure.
- Ability to build working relationships quickly and effectively across all levels of an organisation.
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior staff/managers.
- Electrical wiring and Mechanical knowledge.
To be considered for this position please apply below.