Program Manager – Havant, Hampshire – 6 Month Contract
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Program Manager.
Based in Havant, responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of the programme.
- Work with the multi-discipline personnel to achieve programme commitments on time and to budget.
- Work with the Sub-contractor Programme Manager to ensure that the various Programme Major Subcontractors and Suppliers deliver their work share elements in order to support programme goals.
- Embrace change to drive strategic and tactical growth within the Maritime Directorate.
- Create positive customer and colleague experiences to ensure key programme results are achieved on time.
- Develop a positive and cooperative ‘One Team’ culture internally and with the Suppliers Organisations.
- Ensure all applicable Programme Management and Business processes are applied and adhered to, whilst challenging the status quo where applicable.
- Provide accurate and timely reports and communication to keep the Maritime Programme Director informed of internal and supplier performance, as well as possible relationship issues.
- Co-ordinate engineering changes through internal and vendor functional groups establishing cost, schedule and performance impacts.
- Support the delivery and achievement of Payment and Mission Success Milestones on schedule.
- Ensure programme risks and opportunities are identified and managed effectively.
Travel to Customer and Supplier sites to maintain positive communication lines and meetings as required to meet the needs of the programme under the supervision of Employees.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Have been involved in the management of complex systems integration projects, principally involving defence programmes and maritime systems.
- Have demonstrated Programme Management skills through phases of the programme life cycle.
- Have demonstrated the ability to establish, develop and maintain positive business relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Self-motivated individual with ability to own commitments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maximise results through respect and trust of the team.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in both engineering lifecycle and programme management disciplines, ideally within the Maritime environment.
- Experience in opportunity identification.
- Ability to embrace change in a growing and dynamic organisation.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.