Interim Assistant – Berlin, Germany – Contract until end of June ’20
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as an Interim Assistant.
Based in Berlin, the successful candidate will provide administrative support for the Franchise Head and other Members of the Franchise based in Germany. Responsibilities include travel arrangements, meeting support, purchase order, contracts and invoice processing. Primary phone contact and query management. Coordination of print/creative agencies for the production of print materials and Sales team support.
Responsibilities will include:
- Executes administrative tasks which may involve exposure to highly confidential information.
- Manages the schedules of those supported; schedules meetings and makes travel arrangements for department members, visitors, partners and vendors as necessary.
- Accountable for meeting planning and organization; schedules attendees, books conference rooms, arranges catering, prepares presentations, compiles notebooks, meeting materials, handouts, etc.
- Manages purchase orders, contracts and processes payable invoices.
- Prepares correspondence, spreadsheet reports and presentations as directed.
- Attends department meetings, takes and distributes meeting minutes.
- Provides telephone support; manages queries, assumes responsibility for copying, faxing and developing and maintaining filing systems.
- Coordinates production of print materials with creative/print agencies.
- Books congress exhibit booths, symposia and meeting rooms for regional medical education events organized.
- Organizes team meetings as well as meetings with customers (e.g. Advisory Boards).
- Manages the internal approval process for promotional materials.
- Acts as contact person for sales teams for administrative tasks.
Education & Experience:
- Fluent in speaking and writing German, ideally also in English language.
- Ideally 3- 5 years of related experience in a similar position.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Extensive working knowledge of MS Word, MS Outlook (or equivalent).
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel & PowerPoint (or equivalent).
- Experience with purchase orders and accounts management systems/software.
- Requires strong attention to detail in composing materials, establishing priorities.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Strong interpersonal skills; position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able to handle confidential information and issues effectively and without breach of confidentiality.
- Resilient and flexible team worker.
To be considered for this position please apply below.