Systems Engineer – Havant, Hampshire – 6 Month Contract
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Systems Engineer.
Based in Havant, this role is for a Systems Engineer (SE) to work within the Military Solutions (MS) Systems Engineering Team performing a variety of technical functions; including technical planning, system integration, verification and validation and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. The analyses will be performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
The SE will ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions and acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. They will also perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
The SE will be integral to the successful performance of internal programmes in the UK; the candidate will be expected to develop and adhere to challenging schedules.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
Provide expert knowledge and design support to the UK Engineering & Technology team by undertaking:
Systems Engineering activities including:
- Providing oversight on the design, development, and testing for Mission Systems, covering areas such as:
- Requirement analysis (DOORS)
- Review user requirements and ensure correct flow down throughout requirements.
- Detailed System Specification(SS)/Sub-System Specifications (SSS)/Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) derivation from System Requirement Documents (SRD).
- Use of Case tools to correctly describe and link flow of requirements.
- Detailed reviews with customer and internal boards.
- System design
- Design Analysis Reports (DARs).
- Interface Requirement Specification (IRS).
- Architecture Designs.
- Creation of System Definition Document (SDD).
- Develop Test system strategies.
- Support Integration, Test and verification
- Review Test procedures.
- Support design for test systems relating to integration rigs.
- Support System verification and validation.
- Run System sell off tests to customer and create reports to show correct validation of requirements.
- Support to Airworthiness
- Support to A/C and training system on specification and issues arising.
- Signatory for Flight Approval Documentation.
- Requirement analysis (DOORS)
- Compilation of flight approval documentation
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
Experience of the Airborne Systems with experience of Merlin Mk2 platform beneficial, but as a minimum the Individual must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Analytical: ability to analyse technical problems and provide pragmatic solutions.
- Negotiation: ability to resolve issues in an effective productive manner.
- Communication: ability to produce and present convincing presentations, design documents and proposal to Customer and Supplier (under the supervision , control and management of LM employees).
- Decision-making: ability to make rapid decisions.
- Interpersonal: ability to work with and lead a small team of people; good listening and debating skills.
- Technical innovation: creative thinking; proven ability to produce cost effective, technically compliant solutions.
- Practical experience of Model Based Systems Engineering (SysML, Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect) would be beneficial.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.