Senior Contracts Negotiator – Havant, Hampshire – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Senior Contracts Negotiator.
Based in Havant, responsibilities will include:
- Manage, provide guidance on and administer multiple, complex acquisitions and relationships with minimum management assistance:
– Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the different types of commercial/contract models and how to use them.
– Ensure Terms and Conditions compliance including flow down of prime contract commercial requirements to suppliers.
– Independently define all risks and create and implement solutions to problems and issues as they arise.
– Independently identify, define and implement contract revisions and improvements in accordance with normal procedures.
– Liaison with internal organisations, customers and suppliers in support of above and provide guidance and advise relevant to assigned agreements.
– Organise and maintain contract files.
– Ensure timeliness of all contract actions including DCAs, contract summaries and contract close out in a timely manner.
– Keep leads, team leads and/or managers appraised of current issues and their mitigation/resolution.
– Responsible for ensuring flow down of prime contract commercial requirements to suppliers.
- Leads source selection requiring innovative approaches:
– Is main interface between customer, supplier and internal organisation.
– Issue and analyse RFQs/ITTs including multi criteria.
– Evaluates multiple contract packages.
– Supplier identification.
– Vetting of responses.
– Make recommendations to lead, team lead or manager (as appropriate) in regards to the outcome of the selection process, including identification of any risks or alternatives associated with the selection.
– Is able to improve the standards for proposals/ITTs.
– Gets other related disciplines involved and co-operating for the successful conclusion of the process.
- Carry out negotiations in support of the above:
– Negotiations completed in a reasonable time with minimal management/team lead dependency.
– Required to be influential in negotiation plan including preparation, strategy, appointment of roles and the approval process and is able to maintain effective control of the sessions.
– Is recognised as a Lead for fact findings, negotiations and follow-up activity.
– Negotiate Terms and Conditions on non-standard agreements.
– Resolves difficult problem areas and shows a risk avoidance approach to doing so.
- Provide advice and counsel to programme staff and the facility including presentations to management.
- Single point of focus for analytical, planning, negotiation skills and knowledge for assigned programmes.
- The post holder works with minimal supervision against established procedures.
- Reports to either Leads, Team Leads or Manager.
- Prepares and/or assists in preparation of correspondence, presentations, reports and/or contract summaries and briefs facility management on related issues and in so doing is able to demonstrate effective leadership and problem solving.
- May, with direction, supervise work flow of agency staff and ITs and provide advice and coaching.
- Shall be cognisant of all relevant internal processes.
- Undertake additional responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven experience in a similar role, with MOD contracting experience.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- MCIPS or Business Degree.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.