SAN Storage Engineer – Whiteley, Hampshire – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as an SAN Storage Engineer.
Based in Whiteley, the successful candidate will report to the Data Centre Infrastructure (DCI) Manager, with occasional travel to other sites as required. It will cover a wide range of activities for the design, implementation, and support of the NetApp storage and VMware environments used across the user community.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced contributor capable of working with multiple stakeholder groups in support of international IT services and the broader organisation. They will use their technical expertise to contribute to the completion of specific projects.
- Administration and ongoing support of our NetApp storage systems and VMware environment within the UK private cloud platform and managed networks.
- Provide technical expertise while operating within agile teams to design, implement, and support solutions that meet business objectives.
- Liaise with customers and external partners where required to provide support for the physical and virtual infrastructure systems.
- Focus on meeting project deliverables by working with product owners and technical leadership to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Carry out routine vulnerability management and remediation using the corporation’s provided toolset.
- Maximise repeatability using Infrastructure as code where possible.
Ability and willingness to support activities that occur outside conventional UK working hours and to travel internationally, if required.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with designing / developing / integrating systems with significant IT infrastructure technologies (networking, telecommunications, computing, storage, virtualisation).
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot complex, interdependent software systems.
- Demonstrated ability to document and communicate complex systems and abstract concepts to a broad, diverse audience (not just IT).
- Experience of managing multiprotocol NetApp Storage Systems and VMware vCenter Server environments.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and ambiguous environment with little direction.
- Ability to support diverse technical teams.
- Strong customer focus, business acumen, and results orientation.
- Proven self-starter demonstrated through related work experience.
- Strong collaboration and teaming skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
- Committed to personal excellence, ethical behaviour and integrity.
- Full UK Driving License.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- NetApp Certified Data Administrator certification, Clustered ONTAP.
- Experience of working in an international environment that crosses multiple time-zones, languages, and cultures.
- Knowledge of agile development processes from build through to deployment.
- Experience of automating common repeatable workloads.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.