Cyber Software Engineer – Gloucester – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Cyber Software Engineer.
Based in Gloucester, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing a range of software engineering tasks across the development lifecycle, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with requirements analysis.
- Software design.
- Software testing.
- Integration and test activities in support of system upgrades and deployments.
The successful candidate will be expected to work under limited supervision and apply their knowledge of computer systems and software engineering best practice in the performance of their duties and be responsible for ensuring software compliance standards are met by the application of appropriate processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development life cycle.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a proactive and innovative approach to developing technical solutions to complex customer business/mission problems. You will be responsible for assisting with accurate estimating/planning and will be expected to manage your own workload effectively to ensure that project milestones are met. This role also offers the opportunity for frequent interaction with the customer in a technical capacity.
The position will be full-time within the existing team developing cutting edge software solutions. The position requires solid software development knowledge and an understanding of the software development life cycle. Training can be provided to support learning and career development and our senior staff will also be given the opportunity to mentor others in your field.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience and demonstrated competence with at least one of the following programming languages: Java or C++, C#.
- Strong OO design skills.
- Familiarity with the Agile development methodology.
- Experience of following procedures relating to software architecture and design, software integration and test, and requirements verification.
- Ability to create innovative software solutions using appropriate frameworks and patterns, with COTS, bespoke or cloud-based technologies.
- Solid understanding of TDD and experience in applying one of the TDD frameworks.
- Experience of software development in a Unix/Linux environment.
- A passion for developing high quality software solutions.
- Willingness to support/mentor junior team members.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High standard of ethics and personal accountability.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Understanding of working in a DevOps environment.
- Experience of the Atlassian toolset.
To be considered for this position please apply below.