Application Support Engineer – Gloucester – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as an Application Support Engineer.
Based in Gloucester, the successful candidate will perform a range of software engineering tasks across the development lifecycle, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with requirements analysis.
- Software design.
- Software testing.
- Integration and test activities in support of system upgrades and deployments.
The candidate will take ownership of reported customer issues and see problems through to resolution. They will be responsible for researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues. They will follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
The candidate will be expected to work under limited supervision and apply their knowledge of computer systems and software engineering best practice in the performance of their duties and will ensure software compliance standards are met by the application of appropriate processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development life-cycle.
The candidate will develop technical solutions to a variety of customer business/mission problems. They will assist with accurate estimating/planning and be able to manage their own workload effectively to ensure that project milestones are met. This role also offers the opportunity for some interaction with the customer in a technical capacity.
The position will be full-time within the existing team supporting and delivering software solutions for the customer. The position requires solid software development knowledge and an understanding of the software development life-cycle. Training can be provided to support learning and career development and senior staff will also be given the opportunity to mentor others in their field.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong OO design skills.
- Familiarity with the Agile development methodology.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with limited supervision.
- High standard of ethics and personal accountability.
- Experience of following procedures relating to software architecture and design, software integration and test, and requirements verification.
- Experience of software development in a Unix/Linux environment.
- A passion for developing high quality software solutions.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Understanding of working in a DevOps environment.
- Experience of the Atlassian toolset.
To be considered for this position please apply below.