Associate Programme Manager – Havant, Hampshire – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as an Associate Programme Manager.
Based in Havant, the role will include the following responsibilities:
- Deputy Programme Manager leadership for the Postal projects, ensuring key milestones are met within budget, schedule and to the customers satisfaction.
- Developing opportunities for follow on business within the Postal sector both within the UK and internationally.
- Support and leadership to new business capture opportunities, within the Postal area, working closely with suppliers, bid teams and customers to deliver innovative, compelling and cost-effective proposals.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Point of contact for the customer set and end user, therefore requiring a thorough understanding of the Customer base.
- Leading the Postal Projects delivering against its requirements, ensuring all commitments – both internal and external – are met or exceeded.
- Lead Project review sessions with the customer, covering cost, schedule and technical performance.
- Co-ordinate preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications relating to Postal programme support.
- Analyse technical issues / problems and deliver viable solutions.
- Other work, as directed by senior and programme management, including working relationships with Suppliers at both Peer and Senior Management levels
- Through encouragement and personal example, foster a spirit of continuous improvement in the department and in its programmes. Apply and benefit from Lean, CMMI, and other improvement processes.
- Responsibility for the continued development and maintenance of team procedures and processes, conforming to the requirements of the organisation and in support of Business Management Systems, ISO 9001, ISO20000, ISO27001, and continuous improvement.
- Have the intellectual calibre and confidence to deal with multi-disciplinary teams in a matrix organisation.
- Strong business acumen with a proven track record of delivery.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and able to lead internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and work well in a team environment with an ability to appreciate technical scope and derive solutions with the support of the team, in the context of the programme scope and new business strategies.
- Strong risk and opportunity management with the ability to pro-actively manage mitigation activities.
- Communication: ability to produce and present status presentations and proposals to Customers, the Programme Manager and Managers at all levels.
- Decision-making: ability to make timely and considered decisions.
- Interpersonal: ability to work with and lead a team of people, good listening and debating skills.
- Ability to drive the technical teams to achieve solutions innovatively.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience at running projects with a proven track record of delivering successful programmes up to £10M in value.
- Subcontract Programme Management experience, supplier management.
- New business capture experience.
- Technical background / experience.
To be considered for this position please apply below.