Programme Controller Associate – Havant, Hampshire – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Programme Controller Associate.
Based in Havant, the Programme Controller Associate will work within the Programme Office Team. This junior role will be based within Military Solutions in a diverse business area covering Delivery, Support Solutions and Advanced groups for Rotary Wing and Maritime programmes that spans the complete programme life cycle and will provide an opportunity for the individual to experience any point along these programme phases. The Programme Controller Associate will get to develop all the programme office disciplines on large MoD projects.
In this role the individual will work within the ISTAR Programme Control Team and Delivery Teams where they will be exposed to a wide range of Programme Office / Programme Management activities, including programme delivery, cost management, variance analysis, risk management, schedule adherence / management, baseline control, proposal process, customer and supplier interface and associated Business Rhythm meetings.
Specific Job Description:
- Provide support to the Programme Office Lead in delivering robust Programme Performance Management responsibilities.
- Ensure that the Monthly Business Rhythm runs smoothly, providing recommendations for improvement in the established process.
- Capture and drive programme actions to closure in a timely manner, including interface with key customers as included in the programme action register.
- Support the development and maintenance of the Integrated Master Plan (IMP), the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for the programme(s) assigned under the direction of the Master Planner.
- Support the Master Planner and IPT Lead in ensuring that the IMS and supporting schedules are inclusive of all relevant internal, Vendor and Customer activities and that the dependencies are fully integrated and current.
- Provide support to the Programme Management, Sub-contract Programme Management and the Engineering teams ensure the solutions being considered are capable of being delivered in line with the projects needs and bounds (cost and schedule).
- Regularly reviewing the programme performance (cost expenditure, earned value, budget variance, risk positions, schedule status and deliverables) and be able to provide detailed Control Account analysis.
- Support the Master Planner with Schedule Risk Analysis, Earned Value planning and schedule maintenance.
- Support Work Package Manager / Control Account Managers by providing monthly schedule status data and detailed Control Account analytics data.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Open Plan and or Microsoft Project Scheduling experience.
- Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint) and a high proficiency with Excel.
- Strong data analytical skills.
- Good oral and written communications.
- Strong inter-personal skills indicating an aptitude for independence and leadership combined with ability for working in a team environment. Confident self-starter capable of handling enquiries and problems without appreciable direction.
- This vacancy requires all successful candidates to be processed for a HM Government security clearance, which stipulates, at a minimum, that the applicant must have been a resident in the UK for at least the last five years.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Completed a degree, ideally in an Aviation / Finance / Business Management related discipline.
- Knowledge of additional functional areas such as engineering, manufacturing and finance would be an advantage.
To be considered for this position please apply below.