Credit Controller – Southampton
A new full-time role for a Credit Controller on a permanent or temporary basis, has become available with our legal client based in the Southampton area. Some travel to other offices within the South East region may be required so own transport would be an advantage.
The role will involve dealing with all aspects of Credit Control and working together as part of a busy finance team delivering a high standard of service to the business and their clients. Experience gained within a Law firm or professional services organisation is preferred as would being a Member of the Institute of Credit Management.
- To collect and manage the firm’s debtors, involving both written and verbal contact with clients, liaising closely with the fee earners.
- To ensure statements go out to clients in a timely manner
- To liaise with the firm’s debt recovery agency
- To take client telephone payments
- Assist when required to manage and review of WIP with fee earners to ensure maximum billings and clear out of historical dead WIP.
- To assist in the development of credit control procedures and to ensure the management information system is updated for those procedures.
- Bad debt and disbursement provisions on a quarterly basis.
- Ad-hoc duties as required
- 5 x GCSEs, grades A* to C, or equivalent
- At least 5 years experience of credit control, preferably in a professional practice.
- Experience in assessing where systems/procedure failures have hindered credit control in a client’s business.
- Able to advise on what is needed to improve procedures.
- Very organised
- Polite telephone manner
A generous market rate salary dependant on experience will be offered together with 25 days holiday, healthcare benefit, critical illness cover, contributory Pension and Life Assurance.
If you are interested please apply now, all applications will be reviewed within 2 working days and short-listed candidates contacted within that time frame.