Market Access Manager, Nordics – Copenhagen – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Market Access Manager, Nordics.
Based in Copenhagen, the successful candidate will develop and define a strategy for each of the Nordic countries (Sweden, Denmark, Norway & Finland) for obtaining and maintaining market access for their product portfolio, through a deep understanding of the country and regional healthcare structure and political environment, regulatory agencies, patients associations and of the payer / HTA environment.
In addition, they will secure the tender business in a timely manner with an optimal pricing strategy and develop and lead regional projects; including formularies and special funding projects according to the countries strategies/plans.
- Ensures Market Access excellence in the Nordics by aiming for the optimal pricing, reimbursement and launch timing in collaboration with global, regional and local cross-functional teams.
- Identifies appropriate key stakeholders and establishes relationships with key influencers and decision makers to facilitate optimal market access for new products and to maintain/optimize market access for existing products.
- Has a deep understanding of the country healthcare structure and political environment, regulatory agencies and patients associations in line with the portfolio; with a proven expertise in the area of market access; is able to contribute in shaping the healthcare environment and the market access process in the active areas both at a national level and regional level. Deep understanding of payer / HTA environment and evolution within the Nordic markets.
- Develops and leads projects regionally, including formularies and special funding projects according to the country strategies/plans.
- Lead and implement the development of the market access action plans in a cross-functional way with other internal departments involved.
- Obtain cross functional input and reach alignment in market access strategy and action plans, embed market access plan in brand planning process, provide support and insight in the brand strategy and operational plans & activities.
- Help to prepare, submit and follow-up of reimbursement files in line with defined strategy.
- Support in delivery of health economic analyses where required.
- Ensure relevant input is reflected in pricing dossiers and take ownership where needed.
- Identify and develop trust-based working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Engage stakeholders on the value proposition and conduct effective negotiations with key stakeholders.
- Advance company interests and positions (including legislative developments) in pharma industry’s local trade association.
- Anticipate new trends (national / international) influencing market access environment and business results.
- Support in shaping & influencing disease policies through identifying mutual interests with policy makers and engaging in content as foundation.
Education & Experience:
- Documented track-record in developing, delivering and implementing local reimbursement and patient access strategies.
- Effective, skilled and persuasive communicator.
- Experience in working cross-functionally; self-starter with a strong sense of personal accountability as well as the ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Creative “out-of-the-box” thinker with experience in new innovative pricing.
- Excellent analytical skills, judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of commercial and medical functions and how these best contribute to a successful patient access approach.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written.
- Understanding of Nordic business culture.
- Able to understand & speak Swedish and Danish – ideally a native speaker of Swedish.
To be considered for this position please apply below.