International Counsel / Senior Lawyer – Berlin, Germany – 9 Month Contract
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as an International Counsel / Senior Lawyer.
Based in Germany, the successful candidate, provides high quality legal support to the Company and product or functional groups. They will need a good understanding of German and EU pharmaceutical and commercial law.
Key Legal Responsibilities:
- Providing high quality legal advice and support to the business, product groups, corporate funtions and their leadership teams.
- Support legal positioning on promotional materials and public announcements relating to specific products or alliances.
- Drafting and negotiating a range of commercial contracts, including contracts for the supply of goods and services.
- Analysing legal and commercial risk, supporting the Compliance function.
- Managing corporate/commercial or other litigation through external counsel as required.
- Providing high quality legal advice and support in the following fields (i) pharmaceutical and regulatory law (ii) litigation (iii) intellectual property (iv) competition/anti-trust law and (v) reimbursement issues.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, together with a high ability to influence and negotiate.
- Demonstrate a professional and culturally sensitive work ethic.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and international environment with a proven ability to communicate effectively and in an open and transparent manner.
- Some experience of compliance (FCPA, UKBA, EFPIA, Data Privacy) issues is preferred but not essential.
Education & Experience:
- High academic achievement in the study of law.
- Professional training in German corporate/commercial or pharmaceuticals law, gained at a highly regarded law firm or through in-house experience.
- At least 3+ years of relevant post qualification legal experience preferred.
- Experience representing clients in the pharmaceutical industry in Germany.
- Experience in the establishment and operation of local companies in CEE and/or emerging markets is preferred, but not required.
- In-house pharmaceutical is preferred, but not required.
Key Legal Capabilities:
- Global & Cross-Boundary Communication – Creates and reinforces a culture in which partnering leads to enhanced outcomes. Proactively maximizes relationships by creating a culture that enables successful collaboration across organizational boundaries.
- Delivering Excellence – Takes a leadership role in project implementation.
- Accountability & Ownership – Drives accountability at every possible level. Accepts personal ownership for end outcomes. Expresses responsibility for seeing a task to completion or achieving a desired result.
- Business Acumen – Understands multiple underlying dynamics and, over time, makes strategic decisions based on these factors. Considers how business plans might be affected by future development and trends.
To be considered for this position please apply below.