Maritime Systems Engineer – Havant – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Maritime Systems Engineer.
Based in Havant, this position is for a Maritime Systems Engineer to contribute to developing and growing this line of business, including System Engineering activities, in support of Maritime opportunity identification activities, operational and design studies, bid support and programme performance (design, development, production, delivery and follow-on support and enhancements). Reporting to the Lead Systems Engineer, tasking will include:
Performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Required Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven experience with the successful design, implementation, integration, test and acceptance of Maritime Navigation, Sensor and Electronic Warfare (EW) Systems.
- Customer focused attitude and ability to manage Customer requirements including their decomposition to derive System and Sub-System Specifications.
- Experience in supporting the full range of system design activities including generation of technical documentation and preparation/presentation of technical Design Reviews.
- Ability to co-ordinate and support Technical Interchange and Working Group meetings with the Customer, Suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Experience of Defence Standards.
Desired Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Enthusiastic self-starter capable of working effectively without day to day supervision under only general direction. Work will be reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritise resources and meet set objectives.
- Proven inter-personal skills and able to work within a small technical team alongside other functions as part of a wider Project Team.
- Experience in supporting Maritime new business opportunities and providing input into the production of proposals and engineering cost/schedule estimates.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.