IT Field Service Engineer – Exeter, Maidstone, Derby & Manchester – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as an IT Field Service Engineer.
Based in Exeter, Maidstone, Derby and Manchester, the IT Field Service Engineers will:
- Provide localised, highly skilled, technical on-site support for approx. 500 end users, using and supporting multiple market leading technologies, including both local and central IT systems.
- The role will require daily/weekly attendance on site at various locations: within the territory. The role will be home-based to allow for the support needs of sites to be met as required. This role will require a flexible approach in response to business needs including support to neighbouring regions as required.
- The role will work closely with both Remote Technical Support Analysts and central Technical Support Analysts & Specialists to identify repeat incidents, recommended changes and/or have innovative proposals to improve our overall delivery.
- This role requires a programmatic problem-solving approach that utilises all available resources.
- The role will deliver a best in class service for Incident and Request Management by establishing strong working relationships with both local IT users and central IT services in alignment with core technical IT processes.
- Perform Change management activities in a controlled manner as per the defined process.
- The role will ensure that operational excellence is delivered by the technical services that are in place and should look to improve documentation and increase first time fix rates of the Service Centre team where appropriate.
- Provide increased local support to IT projects requiring on-site presence.
- Ensure improved compliance to security, in alignment with the central IT strategy and carry out incident response activities from any security breaches that may occur.
- Provide better technical context to requests made by our users.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Provide highly skilled technical support and become the focal point for all site-based user issues and requests.
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of existing systems and technology that sites use, identifying the current and future needs of the users.
- Maintain Incident and Service Request queues in single digits at all times.
- Provide innovation and advice on the technologies used to support and run environments.
- Ensure all technical implementations and changes adhere to the change control process.
- Ensuring all technical implementations and changes are fully documented.
- Responsible for highlighting areas of weakness with possible solutions based on exposure and experience.
- Ensure all incidents and requests that are passed to a 3rd party are managed in a professional and timely manner, ensuring ownership of the resolution of the incident or request until agreed closure.
- Responsible for the technical health and operational capabilities of all infrastructure & end user experience at a selection of assigned sites.
- Ability to work across organisational boundaries, facilitating collaboration, and identifying synergies and suggest efforts that equate to revenue improvements/cost savings.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with all IT services.
- Ensure all fixes and workarounds are documented and are within the stipulated guidelines and in accordance with the IT Security Policy.
- Ensure incidents and requests assigned to the Infrastructure Delivery team are resolved within agreed SLT’s.
- Travel is expected to other sites as and when required by incidents, requests, projects or other requirements, a proactive visit is expected at least weekly.
- Available to support sites Mon-Fri 09:00-17:00.
Experience & Competencies:
- High degree of technical knowledge and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience of providing hardware support – monitor replacement, memory swapping etc.
- Fanatical about end user experience.
- In depth experience and knowledge of a least one specific platform.
- Ability to work independently as part of a wider team in a fast paced, changing & highly visible environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships.
- Ability to adapt to changing use of technology.
- Ability to travel throughout the UK.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Knowledge of ITL processes – Incident, Problem, Change and Service Request Management.
To be considered for this position please apply below.