Business Development Manager, Research, Innovation & Exploitation – Westbury – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Business Development Manager, Research, Innovation & Exploitation.
Based in Westbury, the BDM Cyber & Research Innovation & Exploitation is required to evaluate and review customer research, point-of-sale and syndicated data. Report findings for major marketing, distribution, and manufacturing proposals and their impact on the Sales/BD function. Participate in the central development and implementation of new products, re-launches, new business building programs, sales rationale, etc. They may also participate in presales or sales meetings to review proposed plans, function as a liaison between regional sales and marketing function and provide and/or initiates sales analysis affecting distribution, spending as it relates to volume, brand promotional strategy and selling tools.
- Lead Business Development Activities for the designated business domain including strategy development and execution.
- Own all opportunity identification, qualification and pursuits criteria definition for the designated business domain, develop LRP in line with directed targets.
- Maintain all opportunity data within the opportunities database.
- Contribute to the monthly opportunities forecasting within the allocated business domain.
- Lead and coordinate the development and execution of pan – business domain eg. MFC/RMS/Space planning for the designated business domain.
- Provide support or leadership to RMS Cyber and RIE specific opportunities as required.
- Act as Capture Manager of specific pursuits as required.
- Own relevant customer relationships, in conjunction with the designated business domain and act as customer advocate activities.
- Coordinate and lead all New Business Board review activities up to and including Pursue for relevant opportunities. Coordinate and lead all New Business Board review activities up to and including Pursue.
- Provide oversight, advice and mentoring to specific Capture activities as required.
- Provide BD leadership and support to the internal development of proposals as required.
- Plan, manage and lead the business with respect to key visits and general business development related activities in specific domain.
- Provide BD related inputs into regular planning and review meetings.
- Ensure the timely provision of a monthly forecast of orders and related reports.
- Working with the rest of the BD team to maintain a clear picture of the overall relevant business environment.
- Lead and support the Competitive Analysis and Position to Win (CA/PTW) input for the business and captures relevant to business domain.
- Identify, help plan and attend trade shows, conferences, exhibitions etc. as required.
- Able to represent the Head of RIE as required during meetings, reviews, etc.
- Good understanding of relevant business domain procurement processes.
- Work with the Technical Directorate to ensure their understanding of international Customer operational requirements and develop system level requirement and architectures that deliver system solutions and proposals.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Have been part of a Cyber Organisation in either a Defence or Commercial environment.
- Have relationships associated with the Cyber/Spectrum dominance domain across (Policy/Acquisition/Capability Development).
- Cyber experience at desk officer level within GCHQ/NCSC/Defence Organisation (Domestic or International).
- NATO or Single service HQ command experience in Cyber support to G3 Operations/Training.
- Knowledge and understanding of the International Cyber environment.
- Demonstrable personal network in the Cyber environment across Defence and Industry.
- Experience of DES/ISS Cyber acquisition policy and procedures.
- Knowledge and Experience of Cyber Policy for Force Generation for operations.
- Have been part of the Defence Innovation/Research environment both in a Defence/Commercial environment (i.e. entities within organisations tasked with innovation/R&D).
- Have relationships associated with the DSTL/DASA/Innovate UK/FLC innovation organisations across (Policy/Acquisition/Capability Development).
- Innovation/R&D Exploitation experience within DSTL/GCHQ/NCSC/Defence Organisations (Domestic or International) including IP protection/patent commercialisation.
- Detailed Knowledge and understanding of the relevant innovation commercial contracting frameworks into Defence and Government.
- Experience of IS systems and associated Experimentation capability in support of innovation.
- Demonstrable personal network in the RIE environment across Defence and Industry.
- Experience of Government and Defence acquisition policy and procedures.
- Generation of proposals as required.
- Capture Management experience.
- Experience of winning new business and leading on major pursuits.
- Experience and understanding of the designated business domain.
- Or Industrial experience in a Tier 1 OEM as a Cyber/RIE BDM equivalent to the above skills.
- Ideally require a Bachelors degree from an accredited college. Will also consider individuals with equivalent experience / combined education. Considered career or journey level within the Cyber/Innovation arena.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.