Multimedia Design Engineer – Bristol – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Multimedia Design Engineer.
Based in Bristol, the successful candidate will develop multimedia training materials for inclusion in courseware products.
- Collaborate with Instructional Designers and SMEs to define a multimedia strategy for developing training content.
- Review all multimedia requests to ensure requirements are understood and initiate any clarification questions.
- Translate training requirements, training strategy into multimedia content.
- Help develop multimedia library for reuse.
- Use best practices for design and programming to ensure standardised, functional and well-designed multimedia components.
- Assign meta-data to multimedia components to facilitate graphics tracking and reuse.
- Participate in stakeholder reviews prior to lesson finalisation.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with Peers, Line Management, and Executive Management.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with Customers, Partners and Suppliers.
- Participate in technical and business meetings as required.
- Provide regular status to management.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong experience working in a production centred team environment with demonstrable success.
- Extensive experience working with Adobe Creative Suite, including Flash and Illustrator.
- 2D or 3D design and development experience.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be an excellent team player.
- Capable of securing UK security clearance at the appropriate level for this position.
- An interest in Flight Simulation and/or experience with Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3d (P3D) software.
Desired Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in the design and development of a multitude of training products: Interactive Computer Based Training (CBT), Computer Aided Instruction (CAI) Instructor Guides, Student Guides, and other multimedia training products.
- Must have time management skills with strong attention to detail; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet assigned deadlines.
- Proficiency with 3D Studio Max and/or Maya.
- Proficiency in scripting Flash animation and interactivity and/or skilled in creating programmed standalone components that are embedded to provide complex interactive experiences.
- Proficiency in Serious Game design or Gamifaction.
- Proficiency in Visual Studio, HTML, or HTML 5, or other programming.
- Knowledge in scenario creation using P3Ds SimDirector would be beneficial.
- Experience in designing for mobile platforms / responsive layouts.
- Experience working in a Learning Content Management System (such as Kenexa) or other database authoring system.
- Experience designing/developing Access databases.
- Experience with the Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) standard or Aviation Industry CBT Committee (AICC) standard.
- Experience delivering training materials through a Learning Management System.
- Knowledge of or experience with Tin Can API.
- Experience in courseware development for military training.
- Prior military schoolhouse or aircrew experience.
- Willingness to occasionally travel to sites in the UK.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.