Network Security Engineer – Whiteley, Hampshire – Permanent
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Network Security Engineer.
Based in Whiteley, this is an excellent opportunity within our client’s Corporate Information Security Team based in the United Kingdom. As Information Assurance Engineer you will report directly to the Information Assurance Engineering Manager. Your primary responsibility in this role is perimeter security operations for the Internet Gateway security infrastructure, with secondary support for global internet gateway operations across the entire Corporation.
As an integral member of the team you will benefit from our client’s unique growth and learning opportunities. Gain access to new and emerging technologies and be rewarded with competitive remuneration and a supportive working environment.
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Network security system operations, monitoring, hardware/software updates, security configuration management and sustaining engineering for the Corporation’s Internet Gateway security infrastructure.
- Secure configuration of firewalls, web proxies, DNS, IPSec Remote Access, load balancers, management consoles and associated logging infrastructure.
- ServiceNow Incident Management and Change/Configuration Management for the hardware/software for the Corporation’s Internet Gateway security infrastructure.
- Assistance in the physical datacentres, as well as assisting fellow team members who have primary security responsibility for endpoint nodes that include encryption, anti-malware and anti-virus.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Check Point, Juniper Networks, Cisco and/or Palo Alto Network firewall hardware/software experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a teaming environment.
- Ability to work a flexible, off hours schedule to accommodate customer maintenance windows.
- Willingness to carry an “on call” cell phone after hours.
- Demonstrated Experience with Symantec’s Blue Coat Web Proxy platform.
- In depth knowledge of routing protocols that include BGP, RIP, OSPF & EIGRP.
- Experience with Unix/Linux Operating Systems.
- Information Security or Network Security Certifications.
- In depth IPV4 & IPV6 understanding or experience.
- Understanding of the Domain Name System (DNS).
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Beneficial professional certifications include but are not limited to:
• CCSA / CCSE / CCMSE
• JNCIS-SEC / JNCIP-SEC / JNCIE-SEC / JNCIS-FWV
• CCNA Security / CCNP Security
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.