Treasury & Reporting Accountant – London – Permanent
Nicholas Howard are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Treasury & Reporting Accountant.
Operating in a dynamic, fast paced environment, a unique and exciting opportunity exists for a Treasury & Reporting Analyst to join a growing Group Finance team.
The Trust team will be responsible for providing a complete finance function for the Group’s trusts and asset portfolios in the EU, with responsibility for all internal and external accounting and reporting requirements.
Working closely with the Capital Management and Treasury teams, this role will manage all aspects of financial and regulatory reporting for the UK mortgages business and securitisation vehicles.
The role will suit an individual with some exposure to Structured Finance and/or RMBS/ABS transactions seeking to move into a challenging role to work with experienced professionals in a growing financial services business.
The role will be based in London but may require occasional travel to Cambridge.
Portfolio Reporting & Accounting:
- Assist in the production of monthly waterfall calculations and validation of principal and interest reporting.
- Production of monthly investor reports for the UK mortgage warehouses and Irish asset finance securitisations.
- Prepare and monitor associated accounting entries to the General Ledger system
- Monitor Business Unit profit & loss performance and provide variance commentary to the Corporate Finance team.
- Managing queries as they arise from clients, investors and auditors.
- Ensure weekly interest rate swaps are executed and hedge payments/receipts are actioned.
- Regulatory reporting including BOE, FCA reporting and preparation of internal & external quarterly monitoring and compliance reporting.
- Release customer settlements and ensure the mortgage administration systems is updated accordingly.
- Release monthly payments on the Interest Payment Date to paying agents and suppliers.
- Third party/intercompany settlement planning and payment approval responsibility on the group’s various banking systems.
- Management of bank accounts and ensures bank mandates are appropriate and consistent with standard signatory lists and are updated for staff changes.
- Management of mortgage portfolio transactions and associated financial reporting at month end into the general ledger system.
- Review of monthly business unit financials to ensure figures reported are accurate and provide any necessary variance commentary against budget.
- Prepare bank reconciliations for corporate and client accounts on a monthly basis.
- Produce monthly balance sheet reconciliations with relevant supporting documents.
- Statutory reporting including the audit for portfolios and corporation tax review.
- Work closely with the Investments, Treasury and Business Intelligence teams on any process improvements and portfolio sales or purchases.
- Working in partnership with the project and operations team to build, implement and test a reconciliation and finance system.
- Part or Post qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Educated to degree level (2:1 minimum).
- Experience in a financial services environment – mortgages or consumer finance products would be an advantage.
- Previous experience of financial/management accounting reporting.
- Interest and awareness of RMBS/ABS reporting (desired).
- Strong logical thinking and strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills. You will be required to communicate in clear and easily understandable terms to various stakeholders across the business.
- A self-starter that takes responsibility and initiative.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
To be considered for this position please apply below.