Legal Cashier – Southampton, Hampshire
We are excited to be recruiting for a Legal Cashier for our client based in Hampshire that is a successful full service private practice law firm. They have an enviable track record of delivering value-driven, partner-led advice for commercial and private clients. Due to expansion, they now have a requirement for an ethusiastic Legal Cashier to support these values in their busy Finance team in Southampton.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
• Operate Chaps receipts and payments and bacs receipts
• Bank reconciliations
• Check, process and post bills
• Cheque payments
• Error Reporting
• Matter ledger queries
• Assist with lawyer and secretary technical queries
• Any ad-hoc postings (such as Land Registry, search fees, time transfers, write offs)
The successful candidate will have:
• Knowledge of SRA accounts rules and Money Laundering Regulations
• Knowledge of online banking and compliance
• Able to prioritise effectively & remain calm under pressure
• Accurate & shows attention to detail
• Enthusiastic & hard working with a positive attitude
• Excellent telephone manner & customer service
• Knowledge of MS Office including Artiion and Proclaim (desired)
• Good numeracy and computer literacy skills
The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a Legal Accounts Assistant/ Legal Cashier with a minimum of 2 years experience gained within a legal practice in the UK. You will be required to cover all aspects of the Accounts Department as required.
The role offers a highly competitive salary package, a comprehensive range of benefits and a first class and friendly working environment.
If you feel your skills and experience are suited to this role, please apply now.
All applications will be reviewed within 2 working days and short-listed candidates responded to within that time frame.