Senior Accountant – Paris, France – 12 Month Contract
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as a Senior Accountant.
- Responsible for local tax preparation and submission (Income tax, Customs declaration, Sales tax, VAT, Contribution on value added, Corporate taxes, annual tax returns, etc.).
- Supervise tax audits performed by tax authorities.
- In charge of specific declaration related to pharmaceutical industry.
- Support for preparation of financial statements.
- Work with business partners on tax forecast and strategic plan.
- Identifying and answering complex domestic and international tax issues with global tax team or advisors/ lawyers.
- Providing technical tax advice and develop tax optimisation.
- Support for strategic state tax planning.
- Prepare and monitor close calendar.
- Reconciliation of tax accounts closing position at month end.
- Analyse turnover and proceed with periodic declaration to local organism.
- Monitor and evaluate impacts of tax law changes and adjusted processes and policies.
- Regular presentation to team members on tax law changes.
- Identify key controls, assess controls for design deficiencies, and update processes.
- Implement new accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage and lead on special projects and investigations, as needed.
- Support in preparing annual accounts and preparing details for the auditors.
- Periodical balance sheet and P&L review with Financial Controller France.
- Responsible for calculation and follow-up on differed taxes.
- Administrative tasks for financial department.
To be considered for this position please apply below.